Rear light wiring (mk.2)

mike

I love Ed!!!!
I need to splice my rear light wires to do a modification but they are different colours to the guide i have. Could someone who has a mk2 k11 tell me what colour wires you have and the order they are in.

Many thanks,

Mike

Probably easier and quicker to just get a multimeter out and find out yourself mate. That's what Nex did when he fitted Ems's rear lights

I need to splice my rear light wires to do a modification but they are different colours to the guide i have. Could someone who has a mk2 k11 tell me what colour wires you have and the order they are in.

Many thanks,

Mike

yea trust me, use a multimeter. it took me two hours to wire in my towbar electrics, following the haynes, only to find that the colours in the car and in the haynes were different and i had to redo it all >>

its easy enough to do, the only thing is finding something heavy enough to put on the brake, to do the brake lights... i recommend a large rock or small child.

small child lmao!! I used my tool box to press the brake pedal when i wired up my 3rd rear light :)

small child lmao!! I used my tool box to press the brake pedal when i wired up my 3rd rear light :)

my tool box wouldn't even fit in the car o_O. lol

would be easier if someone told me as i don't have a multimeter atm

you don't need a multimeter, just use a test light, and if you don't have one of these then make one with two bits of wire and a 12v bulb (use one off the car like reverse light if you have no spare).

Back