Rear Axel Replacement?

Hi All,

I have created this thread as I am currently in need or some expert opinions, advice and previous experience with regards to my K12.

I currently own a '05' reg Micra Sport+ 3door version pre face lift model. Just before the Christmas period when the snowfall was crazy to say the least, my car decided to play a game of pin-ball with the kerb on the passenger's side.

The impact itself was relatively low speed, maybe between 15-20mph. When I drove off after this impact the steering was turned at the 2 o'clock position when driving in a straight line. From this I assumed it would just been I knocked the wheels out of line and just needed re-done. To my amazment it was not to be just the tracking!

I took the car to my mate's Vauxhall dealership and threw it up on the ramps, I was stunned to see immediately the passenger's side of the rear axle beam bent in as if i had reversed into the rear axle? To add to this the rear driver's side tyre is almost bald on the inside half of the tyre and deflates at least once a week.

My Questions are this;

1) If the rear axle does need replacing, how much roughly could we be talking and would i need to replace anything else other than the tyres and axle?
2) Is it possible to repair without replacing the whole axle?
3) I have found a rear axle for a 5door 1.2 k12 '03' reg would this fit a 3door or are they identical?

Im not a mechanically clued up guy, so forgive my stupidity!

It should fit, but make sure that it has the same brakes as your current one and not different. More work there.
I doubt its repairable either, especially if its managed to bend the axle...

Back