race helmets

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
as above, helmets for the track...are these the same as bikes ones? just have one knocking about is all and wonder if it was the same?

how much do they cost new?

for track day useage, any motorvehicle spec helmet will do. (bike and car, full face and open faced)

for FIA and BRCA sanctioned races the helmet must be to class 1 automobile specification and not motorcycle although open faced helmets can be used for tin top racing (touring cars, rally, rallycross etc... not single seaters)

i use my Shark Arnaud vincent replica helmet for track days so i dont see why not.

type B is actualy not that good.. my helmet is type A+ lol

you should be looking for one with at least type A on the back.

If your going out to buy one be careful. In rallying helmets that comply with BS6658-85 A are being ruled out at the end of this year.

Dont mistake it with BS6658-85 A/FR which is the better choice although you'll notice a big difference in price!

yearh well the one i have is a kiwi...you can tell its 2 halfs joined together (witch isnt great) its not like iam gonna be using it alot lol.

how much would i be looking for a decent one?? (not that i have money to buy one :p)

yearh well the one i have is a kiwi...you can tell its 2 halfs joined together (witch isnt great) its not like iam gonna be using it alot lol.

how much would i be looking for a decent one?? (not that i have money to buy one :p)

Varies on what spec you want etc. I would say for a A/FR helmet (new) start from around about £200.

well i aint spending that much...i was thinking £40-£50 max. theres some on ebay for that. but i honestly dont have a clue what iam looking at lol.

A helmet could potentially save your life, so why do it on the cheap! if your looking at spending that little, you may as well take your chances with a bicycle helmet!!

Mine cost £250, and even that's cheap compared to the £1000 carbon ones with hans posts etc!

juust track days and gokarting...tbh it will hardy get used, so i dont justify spending over £50. fair engough you get what you pay for but i will probs only go on track once or twice a year...

Back