Pulleys

micras69

Deactivated Account
Does anyone know if the OE pulleys can be lightened in any way? Or know were they can be brought ready done?

Aside from using a lighter CG10 steel pulley there is nothing available for the k11 such as lightweight or underdrive pulleys. To be honest the money is better spent toward the cost of a lighter flywheel or a remap from Ed.

if you have access to the machenery, you could make a aluminium crank pully fairly easily, i looked at it yesterday infact and i dont think theres tonnes of potential to lighten the standard steel one.

Aside from using a lighter CG10 steel pulley there is nothing available for the k11 such as lightweight or underdrive pulleys. To be honest the money is better spent toward the cost of a lighter flywheel or a remap from Ed.

x2 :) lightening the (bigger diameter) flywheel has far more effect, and i prefer to keep the stock 1.3 pulley (with its harmonic damper) because of posts about flywheel bolts coming loose on other nissan engines where the damper was removed :eek:
and the alternator can be underdriven np, with a 2x bigger pulley
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=13884&stc=1&d=1260205519

Attachments

• alt.JPG
    alt.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 245
Is there much weight diffrance in the cg10 to the cg13?

I've got a L&B flywheel and e-manage ect ect and I know most say there's not much to be gaind from it but all these little things add up to a bigger picture if you know what I mean?

I'll try and see if I can get some made up

k6 how much will you be selling them for?

Nice one frank cheers (Y)

what pully did you use for the alternater? And any ideas on what to do with the water pump pully?

Nice one frank cheers (Y)

what pully did you use for the alternater? And any ideas on what to do with the water pump pully?

dunno on the pulley mate (old p/s pulley maybe)
my waterpump has been fine with the idler removed (and a shorter belt) and you can run it with a lot less tension because there,s more belt/pulley contact (same with the alt)
you could fit a bigger one to the pump eh, or else electric ? :)
http://www.micra.org.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=13886&stc=1&d=1260209741

Attachments

• PICT0442.JPG
    PICT0442.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 336
Back