Problems with ingition

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
Hey guys as above our ignition is sticking. You turn the key and start the car and it shuts off straight away. If you turn the key back manually a bit the accesories come back on so its not turning back far enough..... Ie Sticking....

Has anyone come across this before and can you just buy a new ignition barrel????

NSM do you stock these?

We have sprayed some crc/wd40 down there and worked it a bit and was ok for a bit but now has started doing it again.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Yes you can buy just the ignition barrel. I had to replace mine two years ago when mine was playing up. I think it cost me about $85 from Nissan. Dont buy the aftermarket one from NICE products as it does not fit even though NICE says it will.

CMF_asdame

» CMF Member
i think new shear bolts will be needed when replacing the barrel/ign lock? or would the nissan kit include em?

oh and the ign key will be different to the door/boot locks unless those are replaced to match.

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
Sorry I did not explain myself well in my last post. The part that the key goes into is not at fault and its the part that bolts onto the barrel you replace and what becomes faulty. Ill see if I still have the invoice for the part so I can give you the part number. You might be able to remove and replace the part without taking the ignition lock/housing off but if you cant then its not that hard but you might need an easyout bolt remover to remove the two bolts.

Back