Private Reg's

L

Lori

I've been looking at private reg's but haven't a clue what you have to do, LoL. Do you just fit them yourself? And who do you have to contact to register the fact that you've changed your reg? Does it cost anything? And can you keep it for life and change it from car to car? Any other info would be good too ;) :D

Registration fee is £80 I think
U can change it from car to car aslong as u don't make the car seem younger than it is, IE you can't put an X reg on a P reg car for example.

Check out http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/ for more info

Also if u purchase through the above address the £80 assignment fee is included in the price!

So when you buy a prvate reg, you're just paying for permission to have the reg. You have to get the actual plate made by yourself?

Lori said:
So when you buy a prvate reg, you're just paying for permission to have the reg. You have to get the actual plate made by yourself?
Yes! :D

Many companies provide you with a set of plates too, usually with their web address along the bottom, my uncle got one from Pl84u.co.uk or something like that, but i think www.regtransfers.co.uk provide them too. I've got my eye on a plate, but i'm not saying what it is ;)

Drastic messures!

James said:
Many companies provide you with a set of plates too, usually with their web address along the bottom, my uncle got one from Pl84u.co.uk or something like that, but i think www.regtransfers.co.uk provide them too. I've got my eye on a plate, but i'm not saying what it is ;)
It doesn't advertise your ipod on it does it? :laugh:

Yeah, it's S31 1POD ;) lol
24.pod.png

Haha

you just use the specified part of the v5 then send that off to register it dont you along with the £80 fee? Im looking into one at the moment too, my car had one on before i got it, i found the info in all the reciepts and that. The bloke was called Richard Snowball and it was summit along the lines of R5 SNO

Ben said:
you just use the specified part of the v5 then send that off to register it dont you along with the £80 fee? Im looking into one at the moment too, my car had one on before i got it, i found the info in all the reciepts and that. The bloke was called Richard Snowball and it was summit along the lines of R5 SNO
LoL :D So if you change them back to their original plate when you sell the car, do you have to pay the £80 again?

bombz4 said:
yes, also im looking at a plate! k10 bom thing is its a lot of cash for just a plate! mayb one day!!!

You wont keep the K10 forever though!! wont quite suit another car if you transferred it, i was looking at K10 AJA you see

antony_aiken said:
/\ i was looking for K11 AJA funny that......same initials arnie..

Thats pretty freaky!

Happy birthday fella, hope today went ok :)

James said:

i know what it is ;)

My name = Mohammed Abdul Salam

i looked at:

K11 DAH = stupid price

X13DUL = £1299 +80

MR 54LAM = £1599 + 80 (IDEAL PLATE)

A20ULS = £350 INC FEES

geuss which one i bought being the skinflint iam... now MR54 LAM = £3499

Btw guys, go through the DVLA as they have the cheapest prices.

Their prices include the registration fee, other companies online DONT include this.

Back