Power steeeering ------------

Ok, I have a question ere`, the power steering belt adjuster, are they the same all thru the Nissan micras?

reason I ask is that the bearings are squeaking and when I spray WD40 the squeak sounds eliminate meaning I have to change the small bearing in the pulley! or get hold of another belt adjuster and fit that!!

picture of what I have on my car is the one circled below !!!!

If anyone has any for sale, let us know please!!!

J

those bearings just knock out J, and are you sure its not the belt squeaking ?
http://nissan4u.com/parts/micra/el_...l/fan_and_compressor_and_power_steering_belt/

nah frank its definetly the bearings, I sprayed WD40 on the belt but still there, when I sprayed the pulley it eliminated, also stupidly when I got the adjuster I soaked it in petrol cos it was proper gunged with dirt and dried oil so how im seeing it is that the petrol loosened the ball bearing grease thus losing its lubrication and squeeking occurs, but need to sort this asap before I get a bearing collapse... I know the bearings have a code number on them for its size.... but whats the number is? I don't know, was thinking to get hold of another adjuster and fit a new bearing to that and do a swap over rather messing about with mine otherwise my car will definitely be out of action and I use it for work everyday etc!

J

its a 6301 dude (rubber seal)

Ahhhh frank your a Gem mate, thanks for that info!!! ill get em ordered!!!

I've changed mine. Post a link when I have time. It turned out to be squealing old belts

Pollyp, ive had new belts fitted when I fitted the turbo, the mistake I done was I took the adjust apart to clean it in petrol cos it was proper grimed and I know the petrol cleaned out the grease from the bearings somehow which are making the bearings squeak to the point where it will grind down the bearings in its casing then it will collapse, cant afford that happening to me when my car is an everyday user etc.

J

I've split open the pulley on mine to replace the bearing then bolt it together. Will post link to me blog with the pics

here

http://micra.org.uk/threads/pollymobiles-rebuild.35251/page-90#post-618564

ej44.jpg

aaaah yesss I see frank!!!! that is most definetly my type of pully, @pollp, you got me scared there looking at your photo with 2 bearings,...... will have a look at the link thou!!

Frank, thanks for the picture again...... will need to source the bearing now!!!

Cheers guys!!!!

J

couple of quid on ebay innit :)

yeah its something like that, infact I bought a packet of 10 which came in a tube for my petrol foldable scooter as I only needed X2 but was cheaper to buy in 10`s.., done the wheel bearings with them!, gonna check when I get back home, may be there the same size otherwise as you says frank only couple of quid, ill just order them!!

J

Confused. com ere`, took out the alternator belt pulley to examine it and hopefully change the bearing, only to find out for definite that the pulley is of Pollyp`s type which you have to split in the middle to access the bearing, so I didn't want to do that as I didn't want to put my self in the 5hit and not knowing how to put it back etc as I use my car daily!!

gonna go back and check your build!!!

Cheers

J

Back