power cap and amp cabling

fox1983

Deactivated Account
ok i know that i have to use the same thickness for my power cap as my amp but what would you says best thickness the power cap says 8 awg but i cant find any terminals to fit 8 for the power cap only 0-4 awg.

got new battery il just go up to 4 awg cable them i have a 0 awg main power cable always have done so il use 4 awg for the amps and power cap

Thats because a power cap and 8awg is almost pointless. Sell the cap and get some better cables and a new battery instead.

when i put it in with old cable it actually did help as u said in your diy guide pete it stopped my lights dimming so i just need the cable now all i need to know which one should i use 4 or 8 awg cable.

when i put it in with old cable it actually did help as u said in your diy guide pete it stopped my lights dimming so i just need the cable now all i need to know which one should i use 4 or 8 awg cable.

That was copied and pasted. Wasnt the conclusion that a bigger battery was better though?

I really wouldnt bother, I dont need one and I'm running a couple of kW.

ahh well to be honest i found that there wasnt that much room under the bonnet for a battery also will have to change the connectors for the battery i found this helps ive bought it now and aint losing the money so im sticking with it il got for 4 awg cable.

Always best to use a lower awg, even if its unnecessary at present. At least its capable of supplying the power if you ever need it!

agree with rimmer once i got some more money i may uprate the alternator and battery but at the mo im happy with what i got found i can get the cable and terminals for 18 pound posted from cad so il get that.

Back