PistonHeads.com: Saab Files for Bankruptcy Protection

the thing is... saab used to make whacky cars..... cars that only the people who knew them, baught them.

my dad had three of them.
saab 96, had a 2l V4, massive bumpers and headlight washers in the 70's

saab 99, a 1984 model. 2.0l inline 4 layed virtualy on its side, mounted fore and aft but driving the front wheels..... hand brake on the front wheels (dont handbrake turn a saab!!) even bigger bumpers, fully wrap around windscreen (ala the saab Gryphon super sonic jet fighters) an anoying as hell buzzer for your seatbelts, felt covered roof lining.??

saab 900, 1989 model, again with the massive bumpers, same engine as the 99 but now with 16 valves. made from a single block of granite!, fog lights that could melt through concrete..as i remember it wheel bearings built into the brake discs? not only a wrap around windscreen, but a wrap around dashboard and flight switches!!

now all they have had since 1998 is vuaxhall cast offs in drag..... BORING

and a uk car plant is 48hrs away from bankruptsy too, apparently :eek:

Yeah just read that on BBC news. The thing is, why should car manufactures be given cash injections to keep them going? If people aren't buying cars, what's the point? They're just making things people aren't buying!

Yeah just read that on BBC news. The thing is, why should car manufactures be given cash injections to keep them going? If people aren't buying cars, what's the point? They're just making things people aren't buying!

Agreed, all this we're hearing about Vauxhall/GM asking for extra money - what indeed is the point? No-one can afford to buy new cars - why aren't they seeing that?

mates in the trade are saying small used cars are flying out and they can,t get enough of them :upside:
i think they,ll bring in the eu scrappage incentive scheme, where the government gives you a grand for your old banger (to put towards a new car)

well i hope it aint nissan

my money is on ellesmere port :eek:

Back