PistonHeads.com: Fuel Strike Over - For Now

Manual jobs are still pretty well paid, don't forget though that class one drivers are restricted in what they can do and when. They can't go get a second job, they can't work longer shifts than the tacho will allow. I think it is a lot of money but like everyone else they'd like a rise in wages that reflects the increase in the cost of living. I'm changing jobs next week and my salary shift represents a 15.3% salary increase.

You wouldn't need a second job if you were earning that much. It's a very decent wage! It just sounds like greed to me.

I'd love a wage like that to be honest. Driving to work I actually lost support for them when I realised none of the stations on the way to work have petrol and I've just gone under a 1/4 of a tank. I hope they get some fuel to these stations soon or I'll be stuck at home!

well apparently their wage stayed at 36k ish since the 90s, asking for a pay rise after so many years is reasonable and given how much Shell has raked in over the years, damn right they have to cough up one way or the other. Shame that consumers like ourselves dont benefit from this at all.

anyway is it difficult to be tank drivers? :)

Back