petrol top up

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
£43.00 - (£1.129 per litre petrol) top up (up to the tank filler neck) and with a changed lambda (scrappys) i gonna post up the mileage on this 1.3ltr engine when the needle gets to the the red mark on the fuel gauge
trust me 3 months ago i was getting nearly 200 miles with £20 dollar juice YOU FEEL ME?

i get 240miles on £20 from a '04 1.7dti combo van (the ugly corsa 'c' van shaped like a shed)
255miles on £20 from a '00 1.7dti astra van (better aerodynamics than the corsa shed)
85miles on £20 from a '95 1.4 tuned tigra (its just too much fun @4krpm+ :) )

am intrested to see what a 1.3 shoebox will do before i get one :)

I filled up on 37'ish litres after 416miles, the reserve light was on but I bottled it and filled up the car. Averaged 50.3mpg, which was very good, (better than my old 1.0LX), but I drove no more than 60mph on the motorways and was very very conservative with the throttle.

I never drive like that in reality and did it purely to see what a stock 1.3GX with 27k on the clock was capable of.......normally around the 43mpg mark on petrol and around the 38mpg mark on LPG.

£43.00 - (£1.129 per litre petrol) top up (up to the tank filler neck) and with a changed lambda (scrappys) i gonna post up the mileage on this 1.3ltr engine when the needle gets to the the red mark on the fuel gauge
trust me 3 months ago i was getting nearly 200 miles with £20 dollar juice YOU FEEL ME?

OK OK

so i got to the top tip of the red mark in the petrol gauge and its on 295 miles bearing in mind the car is in need of bearings
gear oil
no air filter
erm heating luke warm or warm sometimes
119 ooo miles
12-13 previous owners
instead of 175's on the original 13" sr alloys it on 165's
amp - boom box in boot - spare tyre - jack - spanners - jump leads - cross shapes tyre brace - spare ol - water bottle - THIS WEIGHT INCLUDED
THIS WASNT LONG RANGE DRIVING BUT STOP STARTING (COLD STARTS) TAKING THE MIK OUT OF THE REV COUNTER(NOT DRIVING SLOW)
i had to top up again for a journey so couldnt let it run out fully and have the fuel can ready with a fiver to get me out of a jam
OK OK TOPED UP AGAIN GONNA TRY DRIVE SLOWER THOUGH I HAVE FOUND K11'S DO BETTER WHEN DRIVING NIPIE'SH PROBLEE CAUSE THE NEXT GEARS MORE RESPONSIVE WEN CHANGING AT HIGHER REVS????

ARIGHT ARIGHT

35.45 LITRES AT £1.109 upto the filler neck once more should let him run to the end this time (keep the£5 fuel can ready) and risk the DURTY PETROL syndrome
UPDATE SOON!!

35.45 LITRES AT £1.109 upto the filler neck once more should let him run to the end this time (keep the£5 fuel can ready) and risk the DURTY PETROL syndrome
UPDATE SOON!!

343 miles---------conk out (out of fuel) fuel light turned on at 342 miles hmmm true lambda change done good
had 5 litres petrol ready in can filling the tank up is making things weigh up - bit obvious just shows even a roughish micra 1.3 does a decent mpg with a scrapies lambda sens also i wasnt driving miss daisy i was shifting it more than not and city driving
thank alls input

5 litre petrol
45.6mls
39 mls
46.6 mls
30 mls
37.6 mls
57.3 mls this last run was continuos with no stopping
funny though if the cars leaning to the right when fuel is low you get the last bit in the tank

another full tank and it done 347.6 miles
sound about right on the stock 1.3 with a 1litre gear bux ?

Back