Peek-a-Boo!

Tg2ekp8.jpg

This is how I first encountered my k11. Got any stories behind your firsts encounters? :D

When I went go look at, and subsequently buy my k10, it was dark and wet. Not ideal conditions for purchasing a car ^_^
The previous owner pointed out all the little niggles from the high idle rate to the huge scratches on the roof...he had come out one morning to find that revelers had kindly left a wheelbarrow on her roof.
...He kept the wheelbarrow :p

My k11 was a weird one...my dad said his mates daughter wanted rid of her micra, was I interested?
I actually said no, but when I got home from work one afternoon there she was, sat in my parking spot ^_^
A quick toodle around the back of my house (big concrete area/not public highway) and I was writing the advert to sell my k10...which I still wish I'd kept :(

I fell in love with my k12 the moment I found her on autotrader.com
Had to go all the way to Stockport (not too far from Manchester) to pick her up.
In the rain, as it was getting dark Lol
Then drive her the 240miles back...without tax <_<

does that count? :D

When I went go look at, and subsequently buy my k10, it was dark and wet. Not ideal conditions for purchasing a car ^_^
The previous owner pointed out all the little niggles from the high idle rate to the huge scratches on the roof...he had come out one morning to find that revelers had kindly left a wheelbarrow on her roof.
...He kept the wheelbarrow :p

My k11 was a weird one...my dad said his mates daughter wanted rid of her micra, was I interested?
I actually said no, but when I got home from work one afternoon there she was, sat in my parking spot ^_^
A quick toodle around the back of my house (big concrete area/not public highway) and I was writing the advert to sell my k10...which I still wish I'd kept :(

I fell in love with my k12 the moment I found her on autotrader.com
Had to go all the way to Stockport (not too far from Manchester) to pick her up.
In the rain, as it was getting dark Lol
Then drive her the :D240miles back...without tax <_<

does that count?

Haha and you still bought the k10? I'd love a k10 myself but there arent all that many good examples around over here sadly!

Haha and you still bought the k10? I'd love a k10 myself but there arent all that many good examples around over here sadly!
Hell yeah, she was my first car. 4 months tax, 6 months mot...120,000 miles :p
No rear wiper, no electric...anything...no nearside door mirror!

Knocked him down from £225 to £200...and he delivered if to my door. Thoroughly, bloody nice bloke ^_^

she was a classic, which must have been scrapped by the lady I sold her to (for £250 :D) which is such a shame :(
According to "mycarcheck.com" she wasn't taxed after I last did...so expired in 2007, not SORN'd
I only had her from October 10th 2005 'til April 7th 2006

Yeah, she was parked next to a damn S14A, and I couldn't afford the S14A, so I came home with the Micra....

I love her really ;)

ah sure stepping stones max! haha;) gotta admit I never thought I'd love mine as much as Ive grown to, initially meant to be a quick turnaround and make a bit of money but had to keep it!

One day I'll get a S14. Then sell it and buy a real car. Something with VTECCCC...
A lot of people seem to get attached to these little things.

^ I'd just laugh at you

Sell a real drivers car for, well I cant think of a word to describe how bad Honda's in comparison to S Chassis

Oh dear, just go honda now max.

My first encounter was probs when my gran/grandad bought their 1996 shape brand new. 9 years later i passed my test and inherited it, from their well what can i say!

My first car was H701 which as we know I still own today. It was march 2006 and mum told me she'd bought me a car. I was excited. Being young I expected a ferrari or at least a lambo... the K10 turned up and I remember saying "what the actual f $#@ is that?"...it had old patterny cushions on the seats and what looked to be garden furniture cushions on the back seat... I reluctantly got in to go round the block. Whilst being told its lovely to drive very quiet. Nearly 8 years later its still here and still a joy to drive but not so quiet

^ I intend to keep my K11 for as long as possible

First car my Daewoo was given to me free by a elderly neighbour who could no longer drive ( awesome right?)

Anyway it had 30k on the clock and had sat in her garage for the best part of a year and a half, Cracked windscreen and zero heater possible head gasket binding brakes ect ect, but it was mine and it was ace until one night I hit a slight bump ( yes a drain cover), And the trailing arm snapped ehehe WAT :eek:

So about 2 days after Christmas off to the dealers to look at get this a Corsa B (shoot me now). Lifted the bonnet and it was covered in oil 10/10 do not want, guy pointed out a micra just in and as you can guess I wasn't best please granny mobile much?

Anyway he wanted 9 fiddy part ex'd for lke 250 and he knocked another 100 off for it not being valted but his daughter hovered it :p.

Drove it and it fairly shifted for a 1.0l even my dad was surprised, About 2 weeks later and I wouldn't swap my micra for anything! :D

My mum had a daewoo lanos, first car i ever drove. Never felt safe in the thing! the bottom end shook itself to pieces at 50k! Needless to say i was glad to see the back of it haha

My first motor - Morris Oxford. Built like a tank, and I mean a tank. Crash gearbox, 0 to 60... 3 weeks, handling ...zero, brakes... none. loved it (like firk I did) but it was my first car, so I sort of had an affection for it.
It was renowned though for being capable of doing a 1/4 million miles without blinking, popular as taxi's. Production went to India, may still make them ???

@MaxK11C

MAX! I found your dream car :D
1386714959675.jpg

Best of both worlds :p

Anyhow... My mildred was the only 1.3 we could find after I lost Kermit (my first micra which was written off) and as I needed another car that was all was around as obviously! It had to be another micra :p so I lost Kermit Thursday. Cried about it all of Friday then Saturday MicraPro took me to see Mildred.... She was horrible :L an absolute shed on wheels with the intention of replacing her when more 1.3s came available.... Well what can I say.... She's part of the family :D and she will be for a lot of years to come! X

Back