Painting Problem.

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
After The Paint Had Dried On The Grill, Noticed It Just Wasnt Smooth Had A Weird Texture To It Like Sandpaper Just It Wasnt Rough Any Ideas Where I Went Wrong?
Went Over It Again And It Came Out A Bit Better But Its Still Not Smooth - Any Help Would Be Great
Cheers Guys!

These pics were before i repainted it:
GrillPaint7-1.jpg

Grilldone.jpg

i cant keep buying more metallic black paint as its costing me £12 for my cars colour!

what i did was wet and dry so you cant see the bumps and respray but i first cleaned with turps etc before spraying, this could be a reaction with a chemical left on the grill or old paint or something, or the nozzle on the spray gun

oh an one thing that i found that helped me when i did my number plate lights and ST mirrors was some good quality clear laquer applied in a few light thin coats

hope this helps :D cant wait to see this super s in person

cheers

steve

are you shaking the car for long enough to propperly mix the paint?
you could also try heating the can by standing it in hot water before spraying, this helps the paint go on smoothly.

are you shaking the car for long enough to propperly mix the paint?
you could also try heating the can by standing it in hot water before spraying, this helps the paint go on smoothly.

must admit i noever thought of that before, cheers noddie! :D

its weird i sat there shaking it as if i had a disorder for ages and made sure i cleaned it several times!
the can in warm water seems like a good trick though :D i only sprayed light coats and got the same effect with the laquer so im guessing it must either be my actual painting skills lol or i didnt clean it up properly, my interior turned out alright. ah never mind it will do untill payday when i can redo the grill and start on my bumpers and bonnet :p
Cheers Guys! helpful as ever (Y)

still some "bumps" but the grill is smooth just bumpy in certain light? so... never mind will be meshing it today and get some pics of the finished thing later in my blog
GrillFinished.jpg

GrillFinished2.jpg

as you can see its smooth?!
paint code was 532/85 in case anyone wants to try it lol

Back