Over fueling

MOT man tells me its overfueling?
Need to change my rear Lambda sensor?
Code he thought was PO171.
He told me if I get it from a scrap yard get both and fit both?
Its a 2000, 1.0 petrol with the little black boxes on the top of the HT leads, sorry bit of a techno phobe.
So if I get a scrap one any other vehicles fit as only one new Micra locally?
Are the universals any good?

the coilpack lambda,s have 4 wires winchman, and a different plug
you might be able to swap yours front to back, and also bear in mind that the coilpack MAF,s are prone to P0171 issues iirc

Thanks
So what will it do swapping front to back?
MAF is that the little air flow wire thingy?
So before I go a wrestle with it how can I test them to be certain?
Going to scrappy later but what others will fit?

you can test them with a meter on the signal wire (the middle wire on the 3 wire type)
if the front one is fluctuating from about .3 to .6v, 2 times a second at cruise, its working fine (the rear one should be more stable)

Thanks I assume I would need some sort of reader and soft ware as my meter wouldn't read that fast?( its a fluke 75 I think)
I will count my wires.
So assuming I can find a coilpack 1.0l in the scrappy what bits should I have as spares?

Up date, its fine till the temp gauge reaches halfway, then its hunting at tick over.
Managed to get coil packs throttle body and Lambda sensors from an identical Micra, should I have got anything else? Changed Front Lambda, no different, drove to MOT man, he had a good poke around and throttle body gasket was caked in silicone, so removed the body and fitted my spare as it has a good gasket, still same fault, so took it back to MOT man and he re read the codes and they now reset not certain but a lot happier, I still wish I knew how it all works

sounds like a longterm fueltrim issue maybe ? clear the codes and it resets the fueltrim, then it comes back after a few days
did you change the rear lambda winchman ?

Back