one less micra, haha!

CMF_micratech

» CMF Member
Hmm.. All depends on the situation realy..

I had a head on colision with an Audi with my Super S couple of years ago. The Audi didnt come out looking to great and was not driveable. My front end only suffered some damage so I could drive the car home after the accident..

All the tests in the world and random accidents cant compare to every accident outcome, they are all different..

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
All cars look bad after getting hit in the side no mater how strong they are and that micra was hit on an odd angle looking at the photos. I would love a roll cage in any car but the law says no to them which is dumb as it improve your chance of walking away from a smash.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
Micra_King WROTE:

"All cars look bad after getting hit in the side no mater how strong they are and that micra was hit on an odd angle looking at the photos. I would love a roll cage in any car but the law says no to them which is dumb as it improve your chance of walking away from a smash.

You can have a roll cage on the road, if you have no back seats and engineered, but the new rules say no front legs on the roll cage or screen bar, this means that you can get a half cage engineered, have your front legs bolt in and your screen bar for when you go racing.
I have a lancer which has a full roll cage which is engineered, but that was before the new rules.

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
Micra_King WROTE:

"I was told (WA rules maybe) that all roll cages have to also be cams certified which cams no longer do.

In NSW they only have to be CAMS certified, if you race in cams events, CAMS have nothing to do with roll cages being legal on the road, unless the car is NSW rally rego which is a form of CAMS rego which has restrictions. CAMS in NSW do certify roll cages, they send a inspector to look at the cage to see if it meetes the current requirements, then the vechicle is issued a CAMS Log Book.

Back