oil in smoke

as the title says, noticed it when I changed my air box for a cone filter, put my foot on the gas to see if it was a warm up thing but it didn't change so I'm wandering what it could be... any ideas??

blue/grey on start up not sure when ragging it ill get a mate to check and i've not noticed it drinking oil tbh

if the pcv valve in the cam cover has been set up differently with that different air filter it may be causing it, but its usually worn piston rings i find :eek:

frank if it does consume a lot of oil and blue smoke on start up this means its knackered? how do you fix this? new engine

if just on startup it could possibly be valve stem seals, but if its quite alot and its drinking oil most likely rings as frank said.

Well checked oil and took for a quick spin and all looks good, couldn't see smoke but I'm going to get a friend to follow to make sure

not sure when ragging it
if you do drive it hard then id be sure it is the rings :wasntme:

there would be no need for anyone to follow you because there wont be such a large amount of smoke that it would be noticeable from the car behind... if there is then good luck to your engine

burning a bit of oil around start up and is not uncommon or very much harm for the car... i find much cheaper than a new engine or a rebuild is just keep topping it up with oil :eek:

if you do drive it hard then id be sure it is the rings :wasntme:

there would be no need for anyone to follow you because there wont be such a large amount of smoke that it would be noticeable from the car behind... if there is then good luck to your engine

burning a bit of oil around start up and is not uncommon or very much harm for the car... i find much cheaper than a new engine or a rebuild is just keep topping it up with oil :eek:

yeh yeh top up

Back