Newbie Help Plz

Hi guys n girls
I'm new to the forum this is the first Nissan I've owned even though Ive built the k12 micra, Note and Qashqai at Nissan Sunderland.
My question is, as this k11 cg10de is my cheap run-a-round. What can I salvage from my local scrapyard to make this faster/better, bolt off bolt on parts from other vehicles.

Thanks in advance.

Cg13 engine?? Or any higher capacity parts? Higher air and fuel flow etc etc though I can see you may need a remap after. I haven't had much to do with the k11 or cg.. but thats what basic mechanics tells me

I'm trying to keep the it 1 litre so it's cheep to insure for the girlfriend to learn in. I've read about the cg13 cams make a difference. Kinda what I'm after as I don't have a lot of time or money for this. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use CG13 inlet an exhaust cam, or just the inlet cam for a little more power low down.
I think both cams are something like 6-7hp.

I'd start by improving intake/exhaust.

Hey it's a start :)

i'm not wanting to spend loads on this just want to swap a few parts.
so far ive got my self a set of cg13 cams = £5
power steering rack + pump + pipes = £40
door cards with cup holders = £3

just really wanting to know if an almera manifold would fit or head from a note would fit lol that kinda thing

You got those cams cheap?
Pretty sure a ga manifold wont fit. People often use ga16 injection model parts on their cg engines. Usually they're cg13's though :S

I second the above a simple upgrade to inlet and exhaust should see you get increases :)

You got those cams cheap?
Pretty sure a ga manifold wont fit. People often use ga16 injection model parts on their cg engines. Usually they're cg13's though :S

I second the above a simple upgrade to inlet and exhaust should see you get increases :)

I got a realm good relationships with my local scrappy.

What's the best option for inlet n exhaust

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd say a cat back exhaust. Even ditch the cat but thats messing with the mot man then.
Inlet a cg13 throttle body and injectors with an almera 1.6(?) airbox
If you wanna go a bit more get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to pump that up
Then upgrade your ignition. New plugs. Decent leads similar to magnecor (cheaper varieties do exist and work just as well) and simple coil upgrade added
You can then do a bit of tuning yourself. The timing and the fuel pressure for example
Once it's all on go for a remap... or pinch a 1.3 ecu (not sure on this but I cant see why not)
Its the cheapest set of bolt on upgrades you can get.
I might have missed something and someone will be along to help out

I'd say a cat back exhaust. Even ditch the cat but thats messing with the mot man then.
Inlet a cg13 throttle body and injectors with an almera 1.6(?) airbox
If you wanna go a bit more get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to pump that up
Then upgrade your ignition. New plugs. Decent leads similar to magnecor (cheaper varieties do exist and work just as well) and simple coil upgrade added
You can then do a bit of tuning yourself. The timing and the fuel pressure for example
Once it's all on go for a remap... or pinch a 1.3 ecu (not sure on this but I cant see why not)
Its the cheapest set of bolt on upgrades you can get.
I might have missed something and someone will be along to help out

Wow thanks. Just what I was after. The car i got the cams off has all what I need part from the exhaust and air box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frank just happens to know everything :D
The rest of the list should be ok. Haven't worked with a cg engine. (Though having spares never hurts) But the mechanics behind building an engine are always similar :) all need fuel and air with a bang and somewhere to go afterwards.

Try a ga16 throttle body and injectors on that note instead?

Ok lol.
The nissans and I got to chose from at the scrappy are. 2x 1.4 almeras 1x 1.6 almera 1x 1.6 primera 2x 1.0 micra k11 1x 1.3 micra k11

So far I got the 1.3 cams

1.6 almera/primera airbox, injectors and throttle body. The rest is all really afrermarket stuff. See if you can get the almera hubs and brakes too. Go quickers means you got to stop quicker.
I get all my info from this forum :) Frank may say different or at least give you a definite answer

1.6 almera/primera airbox, injectors and throttle body. The rest is all really afrermarket stuff. See if you can get the almera hubs and brakes too. Go quickers means you got to stop quicker.
I get all my info from this forum :) Frank may say different or at least give you a definite answer

Kool and stopping dose help haha thanks

Back