another

Attachments

• 40701.jpg
    40701.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 24

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
some more work done over the past few days
needed some way to bridge the speaker spacers to the door and make them look smooth, but didnt want to use fibreglass, so i tried selleys no more gaps its foam you squirt it on let it dry and then shape it with a knife and sandpaper, works out frekin awesome. heres some pics

Attachments

• 40830.jpg
    40830.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 28

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
made some progress over the past few days. i have gone against the foam idea it just didnt give the finish i was after so i have brought some fibreglass filler and body filler should be good will do that on the weekend
but i have compleated mounting the door, drilled all the holes it was a pain in the ass.
heres some pics of the first fit fits really good

Attachments

• 40986.jpg
    40986.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 28

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey well got some more work done this weekend filled the gap between the speaker spacer and the pannel with fibreglass filler and then body filler, run out of body filler tho should be smooth as babys bum by tomrow night
also started on the passenger trim and deciding to use new arm rests i made or use old ones tell me what you think
heres some pics

Attachments

• 41069.jpg
    41069.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 22

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys
ive spent the last 2 days sanding around the speakers and have finally got them looking AWESOME!!!! still gotta do a little bit on the pannel but yeah here is some pics any advice or feedback is appreciated.
oooooo and i found my colour and i have a guy waiting to trim them. its a light brown like a tan colour guys doind both doors for 120 buks 40 buks per metre for this stuff preety good seeing as its custom colour
cheers guys

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys
ive spent the last 2 days sanding around the speakers and have finally got them looking AWESOME!!!! still gotta do a little bit on the pannel but yeah here is some pics any advice or feedback is appreciated.
oooooo and i found my colour and i have a guy waiting to trim them. its a light brown like a tan colour guys doind both doors for 120 buks 40 buks per metre for this stuff preety good seeing as its custom colour
cheers guys

Attachments

• 41551.jpg
    41551.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 22

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
well i have FINALLY sent the doors off to the trimmers tog et done should be back by friday. this was orignally made out to be a weekend project but ended up taking 4 weeks but nevthrless i have enjoyed it alot.
now after i get the trims back i will paint the rest of the plastics in the interior a combination of the same colour as the door trims and a darker brown to give t a nice look.
i went shopping the other day and picked up a new head unit fusion one and new mtx speakers 4 inch and 6 inch that are going to go in. got no pics yet as i am getting them for xmas but yeah
i also tryed to get the central lokcing working again on the car s the previous owner disconnected it i am having trouble with that but meh and help with that would e appreciated i have the wires from the soleniod all done but i dont know where they go from there obvusily to the battery but how??
will post pics when i get the trims back YAY im exicted
here is some pics of how they went out to the trimmers looking smooth asssss
cheers guys

Attachments

• 41721.jpg
    41721.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 24

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
this is what i had to do to the back of the trim to make it fit i routered it it and then put longer clips in. was a pain but it had to be done

Attachments

• 41723.jpg
    41723.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 20

CMF_Marshal

» CMF Member
hey guys i got them back today there awesome heres some pics keep in mind i still have to paint the plastics a darker brown to go with the new trims

Attachments

• 41909.jpg
    41909.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 26
shoulda done it somehow so you could only see the speaker part.. like in the boot of that rexy in the car stereo mag above^^ the colour of your trims looks nothing like that of that rexy btw.. your's looks heaps better! goodluck keeping it clean :p

Back