new car

O

ohc_turbo

just bought a K10 Micra off of ebay for £80 bargan, needs a new clutch but ill have that done in a few hours, havent seen it in the flesh but it looks fairly mint for the age, its a H reg so it has the facelift bumper which look better imo than the pre-facelift ones.

i did want a 1.2 but its a 1.0, how much bhp diffrence is there between the two?

if anyone has a ma12 for sale thats near the essex area which is good give me a shout i might be interested in doing a engine swap

also got my eyes open wide for a super s bodykit

how do i tell if ive got a 55bhp one?

is it fairly easy to get more bhp out of the ma10 or wouldnt you bother?

ohc_turbo said:
how do i tell if ive got a 55bhp one?

is it fairly easy to get more bhp out of the ma10 or wouldnt you bother?

Most probably wouldnt bother however its possible. For a start, the figaro has the same engine but with a Turbo fitted, so there not as crap as people (mark!) think.

The only thing is, for the money your likely to spend, its probably better to fit another engine which has even further potential for modification, rather than doing as much as you can to the ma10 and not being able to go any further.

If you do tho, you can change the carb, get custom manifolds and a custom exhaust made up. Im not sure on the internals of the engine or what could be replaced.. all i know is it never lets me down!

i think the figaro option is the easies way to go, you could squeeze 100bhp out of it fairly easily, i might go down that route in the future.

do they come up for sale on e-bay regulary? or is it very rare to see a figaro engine sold seperatly.

ma10 is 50bhp
ma10s is 55bhp
ma12 is 60bhp but has a lot more torque.

i'd buy a figaro, stick the engine in the k10 and sell the rest of the parts, i've seen the cdplayer sell on ebay for 500 quid alone

MA12 is also alot more restricted has a lower max power RPM, and the torque is lower in the band. From a drivers point of view some would notice this as a less revvy engine.

Ed said:
MA12 is also alot more restricted has a lower max power RPM, and the torque is lower in the band. From a drivers point of view some would notice this as a less revvy engine.

Yes thats true!
I got both, a k10 with ma10s(55hp) and a k10 with ma12, and the ma10 is a more rev happy engine, the ma12 feels restrikted, but with better "flow" i belive its gonna be rev happy to

how can i tell the diffrence between a ma10 (50bhp) and a ma10s (55bhp) i thought the designation of a S is it has a carbauretor so therefore there both ma10s

i got it today and was very surprised on how low spec a micra ls was for a H plate my bonus is its probably the most lightest micra of them all so i found the little ma10 pulled it very well even reaching some fairly reasonable top speeds, it will give a k11 1.0 micra a whoop due to the fact the k11 is most prabably a far few kg's heavier. however it could do with a few creature comforts off maybe a gsx spec car like internally adjustable mirrors, a few holes to put youre phone fags and spare cahange, a tacho cluster with a trip meter (which i was surprised it didnt have), thats bout it i can think of now.

next week sometime im going to be fitting 200sx front seats in, i think thats a worthwhile mod.

in my many nissan book it states that that only the SGL cars came with the higher power engine (5bhp whoo) has anyone figured out what gives the 5bhp/ it must be simple bolt-on

the ma10s has a higher compressions ratio than the ma10 which gives the extra 5bhp. Any 5 Speed car or auto came with the ma10s

Another way to tell is to look at the petrol grade on the filler flap, if it says Super 97 its the high comp one, and if it says either "Super 95" (don't ask why its super 95 lol) or "95" its a standard MA10

Back