New car!

lewic

Ex. Club Member
Got some pics tonight, not too good as it was dark - the car is more of smokey grey-purple rather than blue!

Getting it out of the tight parking space was trickier than anticipated.. I nearly rammed it backwards into a neighbours car by giving it far too much wellie! The steering feels heavier than the K10 (may be the tyres though), and the clutch is a lot higher. Is that usual?

Could take some time to get used to tickling the accelerator gently, havent had to do that before! Explains why the K10 was eating petrol though..

Attachments

• IMG_8657.jpg
    IMG_8657.jpg
    721.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_8659.jpg
    IMG_8659.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_8664.jpg
    IMG_8664.jpg
    762.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_8660.jpg
    IMG_8660.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 169
Looks good :)

Have u not got power steering then? And yeah my clutch is sky high. I realise i have my foot nearly half way down while driving lol, but obv it doesn't do anythin unless it's over half way!! Got used to mine pretty quicky!! The power steering was weird!! Way too heavy handed at first!!

Over all tho, r u pleased? I know i am with mine :D

Its v tidy, esp for an L reg. Inspected the sills carefully and there isnt any rust, and only a couple of scratches on the paintwork. And v importantly, it doesnt show the dirt like my other one!

No power steering, shame. But steering does feel a lot more solid than the K10, which should make it better on the motorway - if not for parking! Only got it insured this morning so havent taken it far, but it was great on the test drive on bigger roads. Will miss the K10's buzzer that warns you when you accidentally leave your lights on though.. I'll probably need that breakdown insurance :wasntme:

So far v pleased with it - pimping ideas welcome!

the clutch is a lot higher. Is that usual?

maybe the clutch cable hasn't been adjusted for a while, they do often get overlooked.
if you push the clutch arm on gbox towards the back of the car, then with your other hand, push/pull the clutch cable end.there should be about 3-4mm of freeplay in the cable, if not, undo the 10mm nut on cable and undo the wheel on cable till there's enough freeplay, then tighten up the nut.

Back