New Bumper

scottish-sr

Ex. Club Member
Not as such, but what do you think. If I was brave enough I would take a saw to my bumpers but I would probably wreck them.

Attachments

• Micra 6 diff bumper.jpg
    Micra 6 diff bumper.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 161
  • bumper new close.jpg
    bumper new close.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 176
damn, that is exactly what i'm doing to mine, it was gonna be a suprise lol,

i'm plastic welding mine but the guy with the welder is busy....

good idea thou

NeX said:
damn, that is exactly what i'm doing to mine, it was gonna be a suprise lol,

i'm plastic welding mine but the guy with the welder is busy....

good idea thou

Good minds think alike eh, defo need to see pics when its done. How much is that setting you back??

scottish-sr said:
Good minds think alike eh, defo need to see pics when its done. How much is that setting you back??

of course lol :) yep you'll be the first to know when its done :)

it's a friend so free but on the other hand he is taking for ever...

D4R73N said:
No offence, but whats the difference apart from the numberplate? or is that it?
R05_Micra said:
yeah, cant tell, has the bits in the middle been cut out?
Basically its an SR or super s bumper and the number plate mount has been cut then a centre lip put in. It isnt meant to be OTT, just a subtle change to it to make it slightly different.

WIDE_ARCHED_BOY said:
you can still see read your number plate lol
Only blurred out a wee bit of it, no point doing the whole thing,lol.

NeX said:
of course lol :) yep you'll be the first to know when its done :)

it's a friend so free but on the other hand he is taking for ever...
Cool, cheers. Will be good to see pics, wonder if he would maybe like making another one,lol.

think he means you can still read the plate dude. :)

would be different personally if i was gonna do that i'd do the grill similar with 1 bar across the middle.

:)

haha well he's taking so long that i might go out and get a plastic welder and have a go myself :)

aparently a plastic welder is alot like a hot glue gun only with plastic so i don't think it will be that hard to do...

He builds race cars from scratch and hes just working on a new one and i think he'd rather work on that than my bumper... but i'm gonna see if he can get it done for the meet on the 25th...

but if i end up doing it and it's easy then i'll make a guide or you could send the bumper down my way and i'll do it for you ;)

NeX said:
haha well he's taking so long that i might go out and get a plastic welder and have a go myself :)

aparently a plastic welder is alot like a hot glue gun only with plastic so i don't think it will be that hard to do...

He builds race cars from scratch and hes just working on a new one and i think he'd rather work on that than my bumper... but i'm gonna see if he can get it done for the meet on the 25th...

but if i end up doing it and it's easy then i'll make a guide or you could send the bumper down my way and i'll do it for you ;)

Cheers,lol. Got a few different ideas for altering the front bumper, might be better to do it to a normal one than an SR one though. Was thinking about just fibreglassing the bits.

attempt 1 grr
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Mcdiddys/PICT0057.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Mcdiddys/PICT0056.jpg

basically it was all done and then I took it to the painters and they said that they couldn't paint it because id used filler and it would just crack, i was supposed to plastic weld it. The three weeks of work went down the drain so i took it out on the bumper lol, now that one is the donner bumper for the new one.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Mcdiddys/ghetto.jpg here was the photoshop dream that was MENT to be a suprise lol :)

Best not to fibreglass it then. I agree, that is nice aswell. That was one of my other ideas,lol, to cut out the fins aswell.

thanks, its comming up to about 4 months since i first started sketching the idea and now i'm just waiting for the front bumper to be welded and then it can all go off to the painters :) but you've re inspired me and i'm gonna push to get it done for the 25th :)

will do :) i just hope that no one stumbles on my other secret projects muhahaha

one james knows about, and one will be unvaled at the boxhill meet... gonna be gooood lol

damn and i still have the micra trailer to sort out... so much to do!

looks good in theory but will look turd once the number plate is back on - especially if it goes to the side like the first pic

Only had it there to see what it was like, similar to a Lancer. It could go in the centre or have a sticky one made up for the bonnet, rally style!

Looks good m8, keep up the good work, think you mite be best to get a plastic welder yourself!Good luck with it m8

Back