Need a favour from a micra k11 owner

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
Hi,

Could some one out there, go to the reverse light switch on the back bottom of the gearbox and follow the cable back to were it enters the engine bay, pics would help but not vital.

I thought i'd check mine today and have nothing plugged in. There are no loose cables so just gotta locate where its hiding.

Thanks

Paul

If I read this post sooner I could have done it for you as my car is on ramps, I will do it for you tomorrow after 6 if I remember or if someone else hasn't helped.

there should be a black cable pluged into bottom gearbox with a grey 2 pin plug on the end of it this in turn plugs into a similar grey 2 pin plug for reversing light.

Hi Paul, I've sent a email (home) with a excel sheet (XLSX) attached with images, I've found two cables but unsure which one you need.

Thanks for the excel attachment i am just downloading a converter i haven't got excel 07.

Hi Japseye i have a blue connector in the bootom of my gear box but the cable that plugs in to it i need to no where this cable comes into the engine bay?

what year k11 is it all the 1.3 boxes i looked at has a plug that screws into box with the cable attached to it this in turn loops up into engine bay just behind the battery where it joins into loom of car.

Ok spent about an hour lloking for this cable today i have decided its not there. The connector is in the gear box but i can not find anything that would plug in to it. I had the battery out the battery tray out and the water bottle just so i could see properly and i can not find any loose cables or any thing.

pjg1979 - thanks for the pics i got them converted its connector B.

Anyone with any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Paul

The plug isn't there, the switch screws in to the box its blue and the plug should push on however there is no plug and no cable that i can see just the blue part screwed into the box itself.

i might be wrong but im nearly sure the 2 wires that run into that plug are solderd with a black sleeve over them these wires run to a grey oval plug that sits on top of gearbox, if the wires arnt there then it needs a new unit put in if i get time i will take photo and post tommorow

Back