N15 jap GA15 throttle body ......BUT

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
thanks to yom I went and purchased one of these. the butterfly valve is huge compared to the CG tb. Those guys from pulsar parts are great. got the part in 3 days. it took about 40min to swap the TB's over.

word of warning. I was leaning out badly 3/4 through revs on full throttle. I'm throwing away standard injectors ASAP fer sure.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
Just gave the micra a good drive from home(murwillumbah) to watch the footy (titan v Raiders @carrara,gold coast) and didn't have any trouble with leaning out, must've been residue from install or something. I do highly recommend this upgrade to any one who wants more go, the only change i had to do was transfer the throttle cable hanger, that's it, EASY. Places where the micra usually struggled (tight hilly bits) it just accelarated thru them, very impressed and I was lugging a 98kg passenger. I also did a 0-100kph test on the way home, (i usually use the same bit of road, chugg along at idle and then go, it gives slower numbers but takes away the starting irregulaties) normally in N/A mode I get 11.3sec now it is 10.7 on full fuel! just by swapping the tb. to answer maat, I have a few options, I have got some primera injectors (108cc/min from polar in the short term (putting them in next weekend) and in the longer term, I have a modded SR20DE (320cc/min) fuel rail that just needs to be welded together.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
the throttle body from pulsar parts was $205 to my work (gold coast). Now that I've been driving around with it abit, If I use full throttle in low gears I do lean out a bit in high revs, so I short shift 1st and 2nd and enjoy 3rd gear. Also when it idles, there is this great hissing induction noise! Currently I have a K&N pod filter straight onto TB since I'm getting ready to plug the turbo back on and the filter will obviously be somewhere else. Fuel economy is about the same... I'm nearly 1/2 tank and at 320km (with 40km run at flat out over tomewin range, so I coulda done better). Is there a way to get sound samples onto the site cuz the idle is v. interesting (IMHO)

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
the standard tb butterfly is about 40-45mm the GA15 is about 55-60mm,(pretty much the same at the SR20 one I was going to use). I didn't measure it as I was keen to 'get it on'. Also, very surprising considering I have the standard crap exhaust. maybe the lightened flywheel is helping me here?

Back