My micra

J

janjachnik

This is my micra. Its 17 years old and has a genuine 28000 on the clock. Its the most standard LS version. Ive upgraded essentials. It started with a LW/MW radio with a single 4W speaker. Any ideas for any other mods, cheap but good.

Wheels painted with hammerite, cheap substitute to alloys!

mycar.jpg

I like the stripes!
Maybe get some smart alloys, nothing OTT
SuperS or different model bumpers colour coded but overall from what I can see it's a nice K10

not looked into alloys much coz i heard that it put up ur insurance. as ive only jus started drivin im tryin to get cheapest cover possible. im already at 1400 pounds

wow!
amazing how they want so much for a car under half that cover, but get it done now and you'll be happier later on.
They do increase the cost, if delared, not sure but might be some standard alloys that won't up the price.
But considering the wheels are blue too looks better.

I got +1 years extra no claims bonus for doing a pass plus (you have to complete the course within the first year after passing). Could be worth a thought if your looking to save some coinage on your insurance?

Improves your driving too and reduces statistical risk of having a bump.

A dent-free K10...nice!

Wish I did pass+, my arrogance at passing on a 20hour fast pass on first test made me think I was a good enough driver already, not thinking about the benefits of it on insurance, but whats done is done.

Any more pics, the paintwork looks tidy.

I don't really get why so many Micra owners at 17 insure it themselfs... im on my parents which costs less than £200 a year extra. Yeah I don't get any no-claims but otherwise, im saving myself probably about £1000 for each of my first few years of driving...

By the time im 25 i'll be just out of uni having not driven for a couple of years and the insurance will be cheaper anyway.

Perhaps there is something I don't know...:wasntme:

But when you're 25 you'll get cheaper insurance but with any luck those who get their NCB built up can get a luxury car, myself Toyota Celica, without NCB I'd still be at £1200+ fully comp over 25 but at 25 I will have 4NCB, protect it and being 25 I can drive it and not be as worried about the road as I am now.

Plus some parents don't trust their kids LOL I'm the first driver in my family so it weren't an option.

Still think it's silly how much he's gotta pay, it's a K10 micra, what does the insurance think he's gonna do in it!

Mine wasn't much less than that at 17 either unfortunately, but well worth it now as it soon comes down when you start to build up a few years no claims, so well worth it in the long run!!! Looks very tidy that mate... and nice low mileage, nice little car. :D

Ive got a K11 (L/93) 1.0 LX, own policy, building up no claims with Pass Plus Discount - £900.

Turtle said:
I don't really get why so many Micra owners at 17 insure it themselfs... im on my parents which costs less than £200 a year extra. Yeah I don't get any no-claims but otherwise, im saving myself probably about £1000 for each of my first few years of driving...

By the time im 25 i'll be just out of uni having not driven for a couple of years and the insurance will be cheaper anyway.

Perhaps there is something I don't know...:wasntme:

But they're using their own no claims, which is risking your own.

My 1st year of driving cost me £1100 (by far the best quote I could get on my cat 3 1.1 rover 111).

After a year, I now just ogt insured on my cat 4 nissan micra 1.0 - and it cost me just £460 with only a years no claims!.

I was 19 in my first year, and i'm 20 now - and i've already started builing my ncb. :k11motors :k12cop: :k11motors :k12cop: :k11motors

peeps keep sayin its only a micra y is insurance so much. its not the chances of u crashing into summit. its a chance u could crash into mr 60k beamer. most first insurance quotes a TPFT. mine was 1235 as a lerner last year now jst passed a yr later and its down to 789

Ouch, im paying £650 ish for my K11 1.3 Super S with mods... fast mods 2, im 19 :D

Hello and welcome to the club! That's a very nice car you've got there. Previous owner/s seemes to have looked after it. :glance:

i had a quote on my first car, a peugeot 309 1.3..... it was £800 fully comp at 18.... and i live in a rough area. my dads car was quoted by the aa as £9275 tpft....lol

it was a mazda 626 GT 2.5i V6.....
but less than a year ago with 0 no claims, (cos i cancelled my insurance after i binned the car into a curb) i insurred a peugeot 309 GTI 1.9 for egherm £1600 tpft..... then binned it into a field (no i wasnt speeding, i did a stupid thing and lifted off into a corner over a crest and spun it into a field... flipped twice and landed on roof)

but my micra 1.3 super S is now £600 fully comp (ish) with 0 no claims and in a very very rough area,,, (theres burn out marks all the way up the road and you can almost set your watch by the fire engines and police cars going by..lol)

anyway........ look beyond the conventional for first cars. cos the small hatchbacks are involved in soooooooo many crashes that although insurance groups may be low.... it makes no difference to how much you pay.... my 309 1.3 was group 4...... my GTI was group 14 (thats the same as a nissan 200sx and theres no way they would insure me on that)

its reputation rather than groups...

I can't get insured on my car fully comp, and it's 1900 for a 1.0 Micra standard at 17, so I'm on parents insurance, still at 19 it's around 1800 insurance TP not even fire and theft.

Damn, living in the area with highest crime rate in the county, grrrrr

Back