CMF_frank2

» CMF Member

Attachments

• 73698.jpg
    73698.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 35

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
got the fueling as close as i can now with this rrprv :)
we,ve got a helper spring on the diaphram rod (so about 2 x stronger push now)
and the larger/softer spring gives the 20psi base pressure @ low throttle (while the rod is retracted, till about 1/3 a bar of inlet vacuum)
its set so that above the 1/3 a bar vacuum the rod is pressing down on the stock diaphram and delivering 45psi of fuel pressure, and in theory any positive pressure/boost is increasing that further still

Attachments

• 73771.jpg
    73771.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 35

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
tried to vid a rolling start 1st gear from 2k, but switched the camera on a tad late tho :( (but if you pause the vid and wind back to 0, it shows 2k and zero boost)

was trying to show the response, and steady boost level (the red needle shoots to the same spot inbetween 0 and 10psi whenever full throttled eh)
well, its nearer 1/2 throttle tbh, (had to fit a bumpstop) because its still leaning out @ wot, even with 292cc injectors and 45psi fuel pressure ! and its a thirsty bastard when booted too lol

Attachments

• 73809.jpg
    73809.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 39

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
uk_facelift WROTE:

"Are you still using the stock fuel pump?

yes matt, it did cross my mind that more flow would help, and i,ve never changed a fuel filter either lol.
i,ll fit the ebay fuel reg back on and try a flowtest asap, but i want to try the 260/10mm inlet cam first :)

CMF_k11_facelift

» CMF Member
I'd personally sort the fueling out first, then fit the cam, cams wildly effect the powerband on turbos don't they(?) Don't want to find out you'd have been better on stock cams :eek: Suppose it doesn't take long to swap em out for you. I wonder what a 1.0 exhaust cam would be like.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
too late matt, the cam is in lol :)
i tested the flow and it seems fine

it still flowed as mad when i ragged it in 1st and 2nd a couple of times (the can was full by then lol :eek:)
our pumps flow about 90L/hr i think, which should be more than enough imo.
and i doubt if i,m sacrificing much in the way of hp with only 1/2 throttle tbh (would be different for an N/A screamer eh)

Attachments

• 73962.jpg
    73962.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 34

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
got the rising rate fuel reg working spot-on now :) 30 psi rising to 60 psi under boost, which is allowing full throttle at last !
and the 260/10mm inlet cam is definite win

so..........the conclusion is that you CAN ghetto build a CG+T, and have SR20 grunt from 2k rpm, and for a very low cost if you diy.
gonna go back to a more insurance friendly N/A soon (till 1/4 mile season), and start the next project

CMF_ToToL

» CMF Member
Good job, and i was wondering for a what turbos on my k11 and my pajero...seems that the pajero's turbo will go on the K11!did you use a td04?what are the specs?
Do you think an ebay RRFPR should be ok?i haven't the same scrapyard as yours lol!Minis (and all "good" or "sport"cars) good to scrap there usually pass by saturday night fever and finish on sunday morning fire lol.The week-end's thieves sad stories!

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
95% of reg,s listed as rising rate are really fixed rate ones totol, that ebay RR one in the vid shows a differential of only about 7psi between idle and wot (so i only used it in the fuel feed line to test the ghetto one out).
you need at least 2:1 differential in fuel pressure to counter the over-rich idle/low throttle, and the leaning out @ wot.
which means you need a RRFPR with about 4:1 to 6:1 ratio (depending on what boost you,re running)
we,ve been running this setup this week, with 1.3 pistons SR20 t/b and 2 headgaskets, and more boost :D these CG,s are VERY strong.
i would,nt use any bigger than a GT15 personally, here,s how small the exhaust gasses are confined to tho :O smaller than my little waving pinky finger !

Attachments

• 75072.jpg
    75072.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 34

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
did some hooning at work this week :) http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=wkfprl&s=5
and fitted a knock sensor to the (apparently weaker) cyl # 3
gonna fit a micraphone to it too, and then see where the det kicks in, and probably try a ghetto water injection to eliminate it
its had a proper ragging so far, but because the little GT15 basically turns into a heatpump @ anything over 5k-ish (not helped by the lack of intercooler) i,ve only really used WOT @ 2k to 5k tbh
i guess i could gain another 30hp @ full chat, but with this 260/10 inlet cam retarded about 20deg, i would probably lose some of this daily driver midrange punch

Attachments

• 75476.jpg
    75476.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 31

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
ToToL WROTE:

"Is it the turbine feed side?you reduce the diameter ?? so you had too much lag to come to this method!i'll forget the T20 idea (pajero turbo size)!

no, all stock mate
we pressed my old (volvo iirc) 5th injector back into service today, mounted into the front face of the mani for even distribution, off the scale rich @ wot now, even with full boost :)
gonna re-try the 211cc QG injectors next, for a comparison

Attachments

• 75648.jpg
    75648.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 39

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
Yes I thought you would like that :)

I have read that is the 'standard' of sorts. Which seems to be an american/uk thing.

I have had a few sets of cams for micra's before.
Tomei 256 - over-rated for the price
Mulholland 272 - awesome cam on stock intake
and these ones (which are 'said' to be 296/280, which is taken from peak open, not at full lift) - basically could not get it to run stable at all on stock ignition/fuelling, that was a while back, I will test it out again sometime.

Attached is a comparo of stock and a/m exh cams

Attachments

• 75713.jpg
    75713.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 33

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
jeeez, those are monster lobes mick ! the valves are held fully open for ages eh.
it just goes to show how there are "durations and durations"
they have included the 16" thou valvelash in the readings which adds to the confusion eh.
some cam companies would class them as 270 deg inl and 286 deg exh @1mm lift and zero lash, and many measure from 0 lift and 0 lash (which would make them close to 400 deg lol)

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
april 1st is the next 1/4 mile mate, so i,ve been fitting the bike communication microphone to the knock sensor today (gonna monitor the milivolts and sound while i induce some DET to find the limits)
and the 5th injector had allowed me to drop the fuelreg pressure (which has given back the bike-like throttle responce, and 2 k spool-up :) )

page 2 continues here https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/75745

Attachments

• 75716.jpg
    75716.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 41

CMF_SSUK

» CMF Member
None what so ever I'm afraid. I am currently in the process of running simulations to see what the limits are for camshaft profiles on the CG cylinder heads.

We are somewhat limited by the 30mm follower sizes on what can be achieved using available off the shelf valve springs. The standard valve train is prone to the risk of valve bounce and hits an early limit on duration and lift due to having a shim over bucket design.

Larger followers aren't much of an option due to the head configuration, so it's a challenge. I guess someone must have made them work though but to what extent I cannot say.

A 296/280 combination will be pretty hard core in terms of rpm and I have no idea what the CG13 cranks are good for either for that matter to support 'sustained' high rpm use.

Back