my air induction system completed

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
direct air feed sealed from a large 1.6 airbox through a wire reinforced neoprene flexi ducting, sealed to the rear hole of the drivers side headlight unit, which acts like a kind of scoop.

Attachments

• 17429.jpg
    17429.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 18

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
Urban WROTE:

"Just out of curiousity, Would the "ridgyness" of the tubing effect the airflow?

It would create a minor diffuse of the air, but nothing huge. Also Its better to get swirling air than direct air anyway, From what i know.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Toma WROTE:

It would create a minor diffuse of the air, but nothing huge. Also Its better to get swirling air than direct air anyway, From what i know.

Swirling is a left over trait from carby cars where the swirling helps to mix the air and fuel more efficiently.

When I complete my proper above engine air intake (ie: when I can afford the materials :p) I do not plan on having any major curves or bumpy surfaces. It will be smooth.

cisco

» CMF Member
Haha I love your headlight trumpet scoop. That's awesome!

That's exactly what I would want for serious drag racing in blue monster. With some massive 3" diameter.

Nice one.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
its is quite convenient that my 1.6 airbox and march headlight protude a 76mm diameter mounting tube. both ends are pretty easily secured.

Back