mpg in 1.0l micra ????

b47to

Ex. Club Member
what sort of mpg should i be getting from a 1.0l micra ?

i have done a rough estimate of about 60miles to £10 is this right ?

anything less than 10p/mile with prices around 96p/ltr and you or your car are doing something wrong.

Its either your driving or the car.

When did you last service the car?

Is the ignition working 100%?

I'm getting 48mpg on last check, so about 9p a mile @90p/L :)

How long have you had your licence? I found while learning and just after I'd passed that I was getting through silly amounts of fuel, but have since lightened off a bit.

well check your tires they might be under inflated i found out my cars tires were the other day and put loads of mpg on :D 1.0 micras work harder to get to 70mph than say a 1.2 micra so uses silly amounts of fuel at that speed try doing 60mph see how much that puts on ya tank !i was amazed that i got an extra 50 odd miles + easy , i do a lot of motorway driving :D

I have 1.6 injectors which are overfuelling real bad as I can hear it pop lol and i still gte 70 to £10 and this with a bit of ragging.

Once i change them today back to original ones I am hoping for 45mpg from my calculations with the sae driving.

check your spark plugs, fule filter, and air filter and shen ddi you service it last? Also check the lambda sensor.

been driving about 2week now so thats probz 1 problem
also think it is ready for a service so thats another
and i will check the tyres tomorrow

Even if you drive the micra rough I don not see you getting below 36/40 mpg. Something is a miss, do a service and see how it goes and if you can get a diagnostic done for the lambda and check the values it display a multimeter can be used if you dit yourself.

you have to remeber for £10 now we are getting 2.5 gallons of petrol. so at 40mpg which is average you should see 100 miles.

Just take it easy when your driving, no need to go fast when you see cars up in front of you i just let my car build up the speed with a tiny touch of the accelerator saves loads of petrol

the best thing is im not even driving fast or anything off the sort and still getting 70miles to £10

going to buy some spark plugs,oil filter and some oil do a home service :D and see if it is any better

only thing i have done its decatt,back box and kandN air filter

which should make it better as its breathing alot better due to the air filter and its not getting restricted as much as its got the decatt so its a better flow i would have thought :s

forgot to mention this is around town driving

the best thing is im not even driving fast or anything off the sort and still getting 70miles to £10

going to buy some spark plugs,oil filter and some oil do a home service :D and see if it is any better

only thing i have done its decatt,back box and kandN air filter

which should make it better as its breathing alot better due to the air filter and its not getting restricted as much as its got the decatt so its a better flow i would have thought :s

forgot to mention this is around town driving

going by your blog, a cone filter on the t/b and fat 15" tyres must be killing your mpg fwn

ive had to put 205s on the front now due to rubbing

i wasnt moaning i just wanted to know if it was right for my car or if it sounds about right

thanks for your help :D

I was getting about 35mpg which is like 70-80. But that was with 1.6 injectors.

I changed the injectors to stock 1.0/1.3 ones and reset the ecu and i filled up £10 half way done now (1/4 tank mark, was between the half and 1/4 marke when filled up) and its gotten 47 miles so i'm expecting about another 50ish from the quarter which is around 40mpg mostly town.

I still need to do oil change, and air filter+fuel filter as they haven't been change in a long long time.

BTW adding exhaust and filter modes means its breathing more which means more fuel to keep the car at it's target value. I have 15" 185/15/55 on my car as well.

Back