Mot

richmicratwista said:
thank god cos i thought i was looking at paying another £40 for another retest as there are no free ones anymore!

Since when?

u need new set of four tyres

40quid,,,bargain :D

really tho.i hope i dont get any problems with mine with it being new,,stupid k11 cost me alot to pass it

yeh basically the thing to do is provisionally mot it yourself... the best you can then take it in..

more hassle come mot time...:(

its to stop dodgey MOT'ers passing cars with no log book,and illegal cars like clones,and stuff like that

They're not fully computerised (last time i checked)
They tried going fully online which crashed a large amount of places causing a lot of money to be lost for the garages and the whole system.

Plus they still have to get around the free re-test and some places only re-test the failed area if you leave with them.
There appears to still be some larger issues that have annoyed the general public and the testers which need to be addressed.

If it has gone online fully and I'm wrong, someone better tell the guy I use!!!

There are still free retests for certain parts like headlights and tyres, but I think it's only on a next day basis. I have one of the new computerised fail sheets from last week, lol.

I would think all test stations will have them by now, the one I went to was a small independant family run garage.

lee@ said:
There are still free retests for certain parts like headlights and tyres, but I think it's only on a next day basis. I have one of the new computerised fail sheets from last week, lol.

I would think all test stations will have them by now, the one I went to was a small independant family run garage.

depends where u go whether they give you a free retest where i wen they dont but dont charge as much as some of the other places

kristian said:
u need a bulb, cost of bulb added on invoice

u need washer water,

a good mot station/garage might do these free of charge without a retest, i know where i work they would as its simple to do and takes no time to do

The law on it says that certain things they have to do a free retest if it can be fixed in a period of time, or at least it used to.

They are not all computerised yet. My garage isn't yet... but we've had the cards made up for clocking onto the MOT's. Another reason for it, is so that many MOT testers in one garage cannot do more than 1 MOT at a time... ie: 2 different people doing 2 MOT's at the same time.

-Elliot

Didnt know anything about this change! A good idea if it'l stop dodgey MOT's getting through. Some of the cars on the roads today are total deathtraps.

Back