• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Mildred the Micra

Be great to meet you :) xx
Yeah, would be cool. Few other meets happening soonish, 1st of March, star city Birmingham .. Should be a good one.
Would be nice to see you and Tom there if it's not too far from you.

Thanks @frank! Arrived today! Super speedy :D very much appreciated :) shall sort it on my next day off :)
1424205724358.jpg

X

Painted my new grill and popped it on :)
1424642330447.jpg

[ATTACH=full]40093[/ATTACH][IMG]

Not the best of photos sorry :( but paint is bang on :)
It's growing on me :) x

Attachments

• 1424642402488.jpg
    1424642402488.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 134
I agree, looks much better! When I can warrant spending money on it I'll get one for the super s! :D

Bit of an update....
Resealed the windscreen, will keep an eye on my foot well paddling pool :)

Wired my vibe speakers in the front :)

Wired in a central rear brake light

Wired in my march number plate lights massize thankyou to Karl :) looks so much better :)

Tidied my wiring for my fogs

New down pipe and stainless steel bolts in the whole exhaust system

And Mildred is now decatted
I think that is all :)

1426696178527.jpg
1426696194858.jpg
x

Just gone through your thread start to finish, love what you've done Clo looks amazing!!

Mine had a mysterious puddle in the passenger foot well too, never did find where it was coming from :confused:

Heyaa Luke :)
Blimey thankyou very much! :)

And welcome to the forum :) look forward to see you start a blog :)

Ermmm yeah I'm still not sure if I have found the source but we're coming into the summer :L I'll worry about that later :p x

Heyaa Luke :)
Blimey thankyou very much! :)

And welcome to the forum :) look forward to see you start a blog :)

Ermmm yeah I'm still not sure if I have found the source but we're coming into the summer :L I'll worry about that later :p x
He doesn't currently own a micra .. Hopefully with enough convincing we can change that? ;)

Mildred has done well the past couple of days :) she has transported for my parents a double head board and two bedsides tables. A three door wardrobe and a vanity table with mirror and after a year I finally collected my double bed from my parents :) she did fantastically :) so rewarded her today.... Re-attatched my splitter which was lost in the process of micra movals .... Along with half the loom for my fog lights :(
Fixed my gear knob after my dad "kindly" broke it by being to heavy handed....
Sorted my wirering in my passenger foot well... Along with the paddling pool which is no more! :)
And gave her a good oll clean :)
I used the polish I got for Valentine's Day.... Absolutely wonderful only one downside....
1428944168057.jpg

However she's super shiny :) x

Soo...... Mildred isn't doing to well at the minute, she's a wee bit under the weather :(

If I don't drive her for 2-3 days the battery is dead as a dodo so dead I can't even bump it :( but when she eventually starts the battery is forced about 15.2v not brilliant. Think I will kick that mystery of by starting with the alternator but hopefully that is the only problem and not a power drain from goodness knows where ... Battery is a few months old :/

On a sadder note....... There is no coolant in my radiator no Matter what I do or how much I bleed the system it all goes into the expansion tank.... She never overheats and the needle never moves higher than it has before but I have a god awful bubbling in the expansion tank that seems to last a lifetime when I turn her off

Today is a sad day :( x

Soo...... Mildred isn't doing to well at the minute, she's a wee bit under the weather :(

If I don't drive her for 2-3 days the battery is dead as a dodo so dead I can't even bump it :( but when she eventually starts the battery is forced about 15.2v not brilliant. Think I will kick that mystery of by starting with the alternator but hopefully that is the only problem and not a power drain from goodness knows where ... Battery is a few months old :/

On a sadder note....... There is no coolant in my radiator no Matter what I do or how much I bleed the system it all goes into the expansion tank.... She never overheats and the needle never moves higher than it has before but I have a god awful bubbling in the expansion tank that seems to last a lifetime when I turn her off

Today is a sad day :( x

my alternator recently had a hiccup on the way to andys, battery wasn't charging till it ran out. turned out to just be a corroded connection. wirebrushed and is fine.
when it's running, check the alternator terminals actually outputting 14v

check all terminals are touching bare shiny metal.
a new'ish battery should hold the 12v for afew weeks/months no prob.
try unplugging the battery after it's been fully charged from a long cruise then occasionally check if the voltage stays stable overnight = battery is fine but there's a drain in the circuit.
if there's a drain, maybe try checking the voltage difference of each fuse with the ign/acc fully off to narrow which circuit is the cause or shorting.

ohohhh chloe it sounds like a blowing HG like what tom had :/
to check, brim the cold rad & coolant tank with water, keep cap off, start cold engine, let the system bleed for few min, then blip the throttle and if it keeps blowing bubbles each time, the HG is gone, blowing gases into coolant jacket.

best check why it's blown, ie stuck thermostat, sure tom hasn't used the dreaded radweld :p

Last edited:
Yeah next days off I'll give the terminals all a good clean :) also will be checking for a voltage drop on my next days off

Unfortunately..... This is my exact thoughts :( I'm not mixing oil and coolant at this time....

Tom would be in the bad books if he has :L

I did that test about a month ago and it seemed OK but will try it again xx

Thank-you Andy really appreciate it :) going to look locally as will struggle to pick it up but will bear that in mind :) thank-you Andy :) xxx

Time for an update :( .... Mildreds heart has gone on cylinder one and two.... There is oil in cylinder two and I lost cylinder two entirely.... Nursed her home running to hot for my liking on 3 cylinders.... Shes mixing oil and coolant in the engine, the radiator and the expansion tank :(

However.....
1432323785041.jpg
1432323804893.jpg

Took this out a lovely ickle Micra with 85k on the clock :) and a few little random other things chucked in :)
Mildred will live to see another day!! X

Back