Meths/ White spirit..

Robert

Ex. Club Member
Will it cause any damage to paintwork?

Noticed some left over glue that aint budging and got told to use one of these.. Just wanting to check it wont damage the paintwork. :wasntme:

not really no, use petrol if its like glue off a badge bump strip, or ducktape glue, just wash it off properly and t cut the area/full car after, make sure all the petrol/terps is off mind!

dont have any petrol around in a can i dont think.. thanks :D i'll get out and do it in a sec me thinks

dont use petrol it stains the paint. Get a small bottle of celulose thinners but test it on a hidden area. Its the best stuff for this job.

i used some stuff grandad found in the kitchen.

White powder stuff for kitchen worktops, but worked a treat :D

There's slight damage to the paint where the glue must have lifted it, but its hardly noticable, even when your close.

My dad gave me a huge bottle of white spirit to get the remains off from the bumpstrips, it worked fine on small bit's but takes a while!!! Have still got some really stubborn bits to remove tho!!! :(

wob_ert said:
i used some stuff grandad found in the kitchen.

White powder stuff for kitchen worktops, but worked a treat :D

There's slight damage to the paint where the glue must have lifted it, but its hardly noticable, even when your close.

give ya car a good scrub (wash lol) and t-cut it, some one on here had some polish that was nick named "T-Cut on steroids" lol.

Ems said:
My dad gave me a huge bottle of white spirit to get the remains off from the bumpstrips, it worked fine on small bit's but takes a while!!! Have still got some really stubborn bits to remove tho!!! :(

*Cough* Dont forget who helped last time! and shouldnt you be getting on with it? :p

Arnold said:
*Cough* Dont forget who helped last time! and shouldnt you be getting on with it? :p

LOL!!! Who was the one that fell asleep in the passenger seat while i was working on it!!!!!! :p

Back