Ma12 Ma10

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read so far the 1.0l is a better engine for longevity. What reasons make the 1.2l weaker and how long does a 1.2 usually last in miles?

What is a safe motorway speed to be doing consistently for the 1.2l manual without causing excessive engine wear?:k10:

My engine has 46k on it at the moment.

Longevity is all about regular servicing on an engine and treating it right. It's the harsh acceleration which damages the engine, not cruising at motorway speeds.

Just keep the servicing regular and she'll treat you well.

Unless your thinking of going silly power through the block you have nothing to worry about

the engines are pretty much bullet proof, if you want standard engine and are just planning on upgrades as filters exhaust blah blah then the 1.2 would still be better

its only if your looking to add pressure to the block itself, turbo blah blah.

a better understanding of what you are actually looking to achieve would be better to achieve what would be best for your requirements

I am not looking for upgrades I just want to know what sort of speeds I should and shouldn't be doing for longevity of the engine. I could do 80, however I'm not so sure that the engine will last me long if i consistently drive at 80 on motorway journeys (yes i know speed limit is 70 on british motorways!). The handbook does give an mpg figure for 75mph!

Drive at 70, the limit! and you will be fine,
service the engine as you should, you will be fine!

be safe on the roads dude! :)

and you will enjoy your car for a long time yet :)

my k10 1.0ls is nearly upto 80k and only minor problems starting to suface
this is what comes with owning a oldish car

if youre well serviced...you can take it to the autobahn in Germany and cruise at what ever she will go to......... by design, all 3 MA engines are sound!!!!

:)

be safe and have fun

totally agree with sammo!! They use MA12's in planes you know!

how much more power do u get from the 1.2 over a 1.0L?? And can u top 100 in a 1.2 as ive herd the 1.0l top out aat like 95mph??

thanks in advance

Search the forums mate, not worth bringing up all these old threads for queries like that - they've all been answered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back