Ma12 head onto a ma10 engine

Is it a straight swap. Is there noticeable gains to be had?

If so those anyone have one(Y)

I've got a full ma12 engine here! The head is off as is the water pump as I was going to fit a new gasket, but now I'm forced to get rid off all my Micra stuff :(

Not after an engine swap. Don't have time, knowledge, or tools to do it, plus all the crap that I'd have to sort with insurance. Chequered driving history, say no more!!

Il have the head with cam if you selling

Not after an engine swap. Don't have time, knowledge, or tools to do it, plus all the crap that I'd have to sort with insurance. Chequered driving history, say no more!!

Il have the head with cam if you selling

Where are you based? As I wouldn't post if I decided to sell

not sure what the head specs are mate i have one here doing nothing but i don't want to tread on martin's toes. i really don't think there would be that much difference i think the cams are different between the 2 tho. the main difference is the complete engine the ma12 is a longer stroke engine therefor more torque so you would be better with a ma12 swap than just the head imo.

yeah i agree he knows his stuff. you can swap the engine in a k10 with 2 17 mm spanners for the hubs (no need to take shafts out) 12 mm spanners 14 mm spanners 10 mm spanner (Y) loads of room to work on as well i dint even get under mine i even did the gear linkage from the top :p

not sure what the head specs are mate i have one here doing nothing but i don't want to tread on martin's toes. i really don't think there would be that much difference i think the cams are different between the 2 tho. the main difference is the complete engine the ma12 is a longer stroke engine therefor more torque so you would be better with a ma12 swap than just the head imo.

Someone said (bias) that ma12 head has larger ports, and the cam has a higher lift.

I shall have a look for the other posts. Excuse my constant, probably asked tonnea before questions. But I have no pc or Internet and have to look for everything on my phone which is a right chore !!!!!

Someone said (bias) that ma12 head has larger ports, and the cam has a higher lift.

I shall have a look for the other posts. Excuse my constant, probably asked tonnea before questions. But I have no pc or Internet and have to look for everything on my phone which is a right chore !!!!!

no worries mate ive no idea on port size's its not the size that matters anyhow its the design you can get sr20 ports which aint massive to be capable of running 900bhp ive never seen a 900bhp sr20 myself but i don't doubt its possible just look at evo's and the like (Y)

Different bore, won't fit. And absolutely no advantage at all. Changing the manifolds for performance ones is the way to go if you wanna free up some horses.

Back