Lowering springs

GuyH08

Ex. Club Member
i was looking at lowering my car by 35mm, if i buy the springs will it be a jobthat i could do, or would i need to take it to a garage?

thanks

Haynes manual, spring compressors and a set of basic tools would do the job, depends how willing you are!

I paid £60 for a garage to do it iirc.

ah right thanks, i heard that someone payed £200 for a garage to fit them? sounds a lot, 60 sounds good tho (Y)

what you could do is get a grinder and chop them but you dont really want to be cheap when it comes to suspension or you will regret it

what you could do is get a grinder and chop them but you dont really want to be cheap when it comes to suspension or you will regret it

is all you have to do buy the new springs and replace them with the old ones?

theres nothing else that has to be done?

i thought that was only if your going lower than round 35mm?
I'v been on 35mm spings for abut 2 years, springs only and nothing else, not had a problem.

at 35mm the rear axle only just slightly starts to shift (maybe somthing like half a cm, a bit more or bit less), so you could get away without one...

couldnt say tbh bolton :) i went from 35mm to roughly about 70mm and i had a adjustable panhard on all the time...

my bros old one probably ended up somthing like 40mm after it had settled and he didnt have a panhard on...if that helps :) (youre gonna just have to try it i guess, only then will you know for definite.)

Back