Looking to buy a new head unit

was wondering if someone could help me out i'm looking to buy a new head unit for my micra and it seems very daunting at first. I don't know much about them so here goes...

is 4x25watt rms crap? I don't really understand what that means.

Well I currently have two speakers just in the front doors. My current stereo is 4x20 and the one i'm looking at is 4x25.

Could you give me a link to it to the head unit you're looking at please?

You could always upgrade your front speakers (6.5" or 16.5-17cm) with some nice component ones, and put some back ones in the parcel shelf?

my current is a sony cdx-3100

im looking at >

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5004977/c_1/1%7Ccat_12108813%7CIn+car+entertainment%7C12108868/Trail/searchtext>CAR+RADIO.htm#producttabs

ok so suppose i got the one you posted what would be some good speakers to go for. They would ideally need to be 17cm for easy installation.

If £50 is your budget for a Head Unit, you should search around. You might find something you like better. Good luck with it all.

that "50watt" isnt RMS, it'll be more like 20watts rms if that...

As your not really going for big bucks and an amazing sounds system, this will do fine.

If you want better power, buy an amp and hook that upto the speakers in the shelf

For optimum sound quality go for components in the front and NOT rear speakers.

It's also advisable to have a headunit capable of delivery MORE power than the speakers can handle

I've got a JVC headunit you can have for 20 quid + postage, its got a few scratches on and it doesnt have the surround fascia, I think its a 4x45W RMS

Back