looking for little diy's. what things have you guys done

CMF_ndxxx

» CMF Member
just looking for little projects to do on the rig. ive done servicing, cai, deleted the rear wiper, chopped and shaved the grill. what else is is pretty good to do without taking up to much time and state why it was done? kool guys

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
ndxxx WROTE:

"just looking for little projects to do on the rig.

you could cut a few inches off the gearstick and superglue the knob back on lol, and increase the curves slightly on the rod underneath (to tilt the stick back a little :)

Attachments

• 54192.jpg
    54192.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 18

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
How hard is it to remove and bend the shifter back a bit?, driving position in the Micra is not bad, but I know I'm finding the shifter 'is' just a little far forward when my seat is set just right for my legs.

Control layout is generally good, but it does seem at times it was set for people (probably women) with short legs, steering wheel is not so bad, but even there I'd almost be tempted to try one of the deep set drift wheels.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Bishop WROTE:

"

How hard is it to remove and bend the shifter back a bit?, driving position in the Micra is not bad, but I know I'm finding the shifter 'is' just a little far forward when my seat is set just right for my legs.

mine was reset by increasing the curves in the selector rod instead, and its easy to fit packing to the top steering column bolts (to lower it down more)

frank

Attachments

• 54242.jpg
    54242.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 15

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:
<BR>
mine was reset by increasing the curves in the selector rod instead, and its easy to fit packing to the top steering column bolts (to lower it down more)<BR>
<BR>
frank

I'll have to have a look at that rod when I get around to getting under the car.

Do you just have to space the rear most bolts?, I was looking at that the other day, badly need to lower my wheel, my legs are longish but my torso is short, the steering wheel is miles above my ideal grip and control level.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Bishop WROTE:

Do you just have to space the rear most bolts?, I was looking at that the other day, badly need to lower my wheel, my legs are longish but my torso is short, the steering wheel is miles above my ideal grip and control level.

i fitted 2 x 17mm nylocs under the top column mount (near to the ignition lock) and used longer bolts

frank

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
I don't mind the stock shift 'feel' on my Micra, unless maybe a previous owner put a short shifter on it, but it does not feel long to me, and feels nicer than a few previous small cars I have owned in the past, certainly 1000% better than your average Hyundai cable shift.

The length/height does not bother me either, it just needs to be back like an inch and it would suit me fine, ghetto also works for me, it's a hack car for now, the less I spend the better, any money spent will go into the must have bits, steering wheel (the stock one is rooted) springs and shocks, with some bigger alloys to give it some looks with cheaper rubber.

CMF_sikK11

» CMF Member
frank2 WROTE:

"sikK11 WROTE:

"Buy a quick shifter for a pulsar they fit straight in and are about 60 bucks off ebay not worth messing with your one."</div>

they,re too long for my liking and "buzz" like ****

ghetto mods FTW :d

What you mean but BUZZ Frank. Mine fits fine man no issues at all and feels nice and tight all the time.

CMF_Bishop

» CMF Member
Marshal WROTE:

"<DIV class="quote">frank2 WROTE:<BR>
<BR>
"or add some camber (1 to 2mm slot is plenty)"</DIV><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
so what do you do there drill the hole out more then what?<BR>

There is a lower and upper mount hole, your drilling out the top hole so it's larger, this allows you to push in the top, giving more camber.

Guys used to do this a lot before someone came up with an eccentric undersized bolt that let you do the same thing without drilling.

Only downside of drilling is your then relying on the clamping strength of the bolt to hold your setting, kind of, but if your going for a fixed small increase it will be pushing against anyway so should lock in the new camber.

Back