Knocking!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtis

Ex. Club Member
As i turn, either way, does it both ways

there is a knock each time.....

is this likely to be CV joints or steering rack???

If not above then what please?

thanks Curtis :)

common k10 problem wont be the cv's as i changed them the rack might be moving as this sometimes causes a knock, all my k10's have done this usulaly once lowered never found to be a problem may be the springs moving slighty in the shocks

yeh could be the springs as when turning and going off a kerb slowly makes the same noise but louder!

Ok now at 60mph + it knocks constantly!

steering wheel shakes and the knocking is really bad...

what could cause that???

curtis

sounds like you,ve got a wheel out of balance and some play somewere, is the rack floating in its mounts ?
get someone to shake the top of the front wheel while you look under the car (NOT jacked up)

mine did it it was covered in a thread not long ago, its the rubber bushes on the rack that wear, that off the brackets, wrap electrical tame round the bushes and put it back togerther then i gaurentee that it wont do it agen

humm this sounds like the place for me also to get some info on a steering noise..

mine is when its been standing after a run mainly in the morning .. and i turn the wheel left or right on the spot and its kidna making a cracking knocking sound duno what it is ..

its at the garage now for engine tune up and ive told them to have alook :(

any ideas ?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back