K12 nats problems

Good day all, this has probably been covered before, but could someone please help me before I lose my mind ! Micra k12 1.2 keeps throwing fault code p1611 no communication, and of course no start. Would anyone of you wise men out there have a nats wiring diagram so I could finally fix it and save my sanity. Thanks in anticipation, cheers all.

I recently watched a no start issue and the guy changed the cam shaft sensor.
P0340 Cmp Sensor / Circuit B1

Your code is for a faulty key or not programmed?
Why not try the second key.

Yesterday I experience a lock issue the car would not lock so I had grabbed the key nothing still.
After a few seconds I realised.
If I put key into ignition and turn it till the lights up on dash then removed.
The car then would lock again.
Bit of a malfunction or just a weird block of my central locking.
Because its always worked before have not noticed this problem once till yesterday..

Last edited:
How long for did you disconnect.
Someone else will probably know better than me on this subject.
another important question for you to put here would be are they any lights showing on the dash cluster these might help since it could be a key issue..

Also I probably have the nats diagram in a folder just not sure where exactly to look and it takes along time to search through them all.

Battery was disconnected overnight ( more than once ) all lights on dash go out as they should on crank.what is annoying me is that it was ok, it seems overnight it decided it wasnt running anymore lol

If you use the search bar..
Got it sorted now a guy from a local garage came with a code reader found error code for NATS malfunction and cleared it...starts on the button now so thanks for all the advice
This is what you would find...
And if you have or can get access to a decent code reader you could try clearing the code.

This may or may not solve the issue but is a simple solution that would not require much more than a search and clear button press.

For me I have tried one code reader that was supposedly Bluetooth it would not make contact between phone and cars computer.
So I Am only able to say this be careful to make sure if you buy code reader you get one that actually works.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Last edited:
Ground control to Major Froggy.

What else have you tried if anything.
Also is there anything you could have had changed recently that could cause the car to throw a code.

And p.s. if it takes you a whole box your doing something wrong...

Last edited:
Here I have listed some important info you could check some of these I would suggest looking at the wiring harness and checking the pins..
I did not find this info first time last night.
So maybe you have not either.
My reply was a little slow
Good luck with this.

P1611 NISSAN Tech Notes

This code is usually triggered when a not registered or damaged key is used to start the engine. When the starting operation is carried out five or more times consecutively with the same unregistered key, the system will lock

P1611 NISSAN Possible Causes

Faulty or not programmed ignition keyFaulty IMMUFaulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

How do I fix code P1611 NISSAN

Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.

P1611 NISSAN Tech Notes

This code is usually triggered when a not registered or damaged key is used to start the engine. When the starting operation is carried out five or more times consecutively with the same unregistered key, the system will lock.

If the problem occurs try disconnecting the car battery for about 30 minutes and then try starting the engine with a known registered key. If the problem persists you have to have the dealer erase the code and reprogram the keys again.

Cost of diagnosing the P1611 NISSAN code

Labor: 1.0

The cost of diagnosing the P1611 NISSAN code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary widely across the country, and even within the same city. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour

When is the P1611 NISSAN code detected?

The result of ID verification between immobilizer system unit and Engine Control Model (ECM) is negative. System initialization is required.

P1611 NISSAN Possible Symptoms

Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)Engine would not start

P1611 NISSAN Meaning

An immobilizer is an electronic device fitted to an automobile which prevents the engine from running unless the correct key is present. This prevents the car from being hotwired after entry has been achieved.
The microcircuit inside the key is activated by a small electromagnetic field which induces current to flow inside the key body, which in turn broadcasts a unique binary code which is read by the automobile's Engine Control Module (ECM). When the ECM determines that the coded key is both current and valid, the ECM activates the fuel-injection sequence.
The immobilizer function of the Infiniti Vehicle Immobilizer System (IVIS) or Nissan Anti-Theft System (NATS) consists of the following:
- NATS ignition key
- NATS antenna amp. located in the ignition key cylinder
- Body control module (BCM) or (IMMU)
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Security indicator lamp
15644.jpg

Last edited:
Checked every single fuse it's got, checked the relevant relays, everything is as it should be lol lol
Snap on says I'm getting rpm's so sensors are ok, it's got to be immobilized as I have no spark. lights on dash are out, ign on.
Has anyone ever removed immobiliser ? Nats 5 ? Cheers

Should the red key light not be on if it has been immobilized?

Also somethings seems odd you only have one key and the vehicle is immobilized are you sure the key matches the vehicle because if not it would only work for a set amount of times.
Then you would experience lockdown

Sounds like you have all the gear and no idea....

Last edited:
Only had one key when she bought it and it was working, I've been a mechanic for 40 years never had one I couldn't fix. But never had one of these b4 tho

Okay another idea have you looked inside of the key to see if the board and other parts are clean and in working order.

Maybe you could if this was a problem not saying it is but you could possibly replace the board inside along with a new key body or something like that.

This is the reason why I took the time to buy a vehicle with two keys present. If you loose the only one you have you need to get one reprogrammed.
This is a costly repair to have done.
But if you have the working original. There is a possibility you can make a second key this is the norm for all vehicles with immobilizer present. And after the 40 years of being a mechanic one would assume you would already know this.

You dont look a gift horse in the mouth ! As I said it was working in the first place, it was always the intention to get another key. . But it didnt get that far . Cheers for your help

Hello and welcome.
You may want to try this.
How to reset all ecu's and control modules
Look that up on YouTube..
Its something like disconnect the negative of the battery Then with a jump cable join the negative to the positive cable.
Leave till it clears for 10-15 mins.
Then when you reset you may have to relearn idle settings etc..
Follow the guide and ignore the parts that don't match with your vehicle I would imagine this will clear them.
Can't guarantee it will but its one method.

(This may also be of use to User_Froggy

Back