k11 tyres for road holding

Serious question,, my 1.3 k11 keeps going into 4 wheel drift. Not my favourite experience.. I switch between the micra and the zx10 depending on the weather so may be a bit enthusiastic in the car.. I feel good tyres may help. Any suggestions? I would prefer to keep the original 13inch rims.

I see where you are coming from, but I'm not a speed demon. The almera handles fine on the same country roads and I don't take risks on the bike.. Speed wise the car is drifting at 30mph ish. There are only 2 tyres available and both are cheap and nasty because no cars have tyres that size anymore (I am told) and the curse of ebay.........doesn't post to northern Ireland.

In hind sight, are there any face lift 14 inch rims that fit straight on ? That would give a better range of choice

the car is stock original apart from the arches and I swapped the bumpers with my '95 lx as the colour coded slx ones were in naff condition.. so the suspension is original too,, there is a guy on e-bay doing monroe shocks which I always swore by but doesn't post to NI,, are the alloys mk1 almera? and I am well into the side skirts,, where do you get them? I think I will visit the scrapy tomorrow before work and see if he has any suitable better rims.. I had wanted to stick with the originals but it looks like an upgrade is on the way..

I believe the 13" steels are either 4.5 or 5, can't remember from when I balanced them, as far as tyres go though you pay crap you get crap, when I started driving mine had cheapy odd tyres on it, and I got a pair of matching Continentals for it, best tyres in my opinion, also consider General tyres, as they are made by Continental, I'm getting Conti's for the front and Gens for the rear on my next wheels.

the car is stock original apart from the arches and I swapped the bumpers with my '95 lx as the colour coded slx ones were in naff condition.. so the suspension is original too,, there is a guy on e-bay doing monroe shocks which I always swore by but doesn't post to NI,, are the alloys mk1 almera? and I am well into the side skirts,, where do you get them? I think I will visit the scrapy tomorrow before work and see if he has any suitable better rims.. I had wanted to stick with the originals but it looks like an upgrade is on the way..
I don't know what Almera they came off tbh. I'm sure it'll have been a pre 2k one though. As for the skirts; you've just got to keep your eyes peeled in the buy and sell section, along with eBay. They were around £100.

These are 14" Almera alloys.
Thanks for the advice on this one £60 for four n15 almera alloys with 4 good road legal tyres and the alloy bolts thrown in,,and the wheels were a straight swop to put on so.. win win

Attachments

• WP_20151120_16_57_08_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151120_16_57_08_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 199
  • WP_20151120_17_06_13_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151120_17_06_13_Pro.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 204
  • WP_20151120_17_06_23_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151120_17_06_23_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Back