K11 Suspension BUSH kit

FH-5

Site Supporter
Hi guys,

When I finally fit my SPAX dampers with 60mm springs, is it worth getting the suspension bush kit from StrongFlex (Poland)? - MICRA K11 SUSPENSION BUSH KIT - SPORT. Not that expensive at around £60, but what diameters do I need (there is a drop down box ranging from 19 to 27mm?). Is this all I need, in other words is that all the bushes I need to make a real difference from stock bushes, what about rear suspension bushes?

Thanks in advance guys :p,

Faisal.

From ebay right? We have fitted a few sets! Good instructions, and nice fit.
Go for the red ones as the yellow ones are a bit harsh for road cars.

Diameter refers to your anti roll bar. Pretty sure the standard one is 19mm.

Red will firm things up enough to notice.
Because yellow is firmer it transfers more load to the actual components/bodywork. Not a problem thrashing about smooth race tracks or on a car you dont need to use every day but not so nice driving about on the pot holed roads we have here! At best your fillings will fall out, at worst it will cause something expensive to break.

Red it is then mate! Thanks very much, if only you were closer to me in London I'd come to you to have them fitted :grinning:.

Will a normal garage be able to fit these bushes?

yep! I've the yellow kit on, and the ARB bush is 19mm
From ebay right? We have fitted a few sets! Good instructions, and nice fit.
Go for the red ones as the yellow ones are a bit harsh for road cars.

Diameter refers to your anti roll bar. Pretty sure the standard one is 19mm.

Is red kit better for fast road use MicraItaly? Yellow bushes too harsh when coupled with SPAX and 60mm springs?

Is red kit better for fast road use MicraItaly? Yellow bushes too harsh when coupled with SPAX and 60mm springs?

umh... on that suspension setup, i think that yellow or red kit is the same... uncomfortable.

but on mine suspension setup (crappy SPARCO motorsport spring + yellow adjustable koni
- 100% hard on front, 50% hard on rear - and yellow bushes) car is still comfortable for road use, but a real blade between corners! (Y)

umh... on that suspension setup, i think that yellow or red kit is the same... uncomfortable.

but on mine suspension setup (crappy SPARCO motorsport spring + yellow adjustable koni
- 100% hard on front, 50% hard on rear - and yellow bushes) car is still comfortable for road use, but a real blade between corners! (Y)

+1 :) lol, the novelty soon wore off on the "sports" dampers i was running last week :p i advise anyone who wants "sports" shocks to DEFINATELY get adjustable ones

To be honest, I don't care about comfort really. Just full performance. Besides, the SPAX dampers are not that bad at all on the road, as Matt Humphris said that they make you handle like a go-kart whilst also being good for comfort on our awful roads, he has them on one of his road Micra's. I'll be getting the red kit as my dampers and springs will be quite good anyway.

I got my yellow bush kit from Strong Flex yesterday. Fairly quick delivery once i gave them the ARB diameter although my ARB was 20mm on my 1999 K11 Micra. I measured it with a digital vernier caliper. Hope it fits fwn

Also the yellow bushes are very stiff out of the box with very little flex so it is very likely to give a harsh ride. My Micra will be used in Gymkhana's so i will have to loctite most of my compoents down and spanner check after every session.

Back