K11 March - Rear No. pLate size

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
What size import plates are March owners using? It would be to suit a car without the optional extra moulded numberplate surround, just the nipples fitted in the recess.

If you have a pic of yours that would be ace.

Cheers.

I measured mine once before, and I am pretty sure it was 13x6.5, although I wouldn't quote me on that directly!

Picture:
DSCF3291.jpg

Nice one. I'm guessing the plate recess is about the same size between the cabs and a UK hatch.

I'm mounting march nipples on my boot. I know i'll have some hole filling to do, but i'm trying to suss out the mounting positions.

I might go with a 12x6 plate to even up the gaps a bit, the 6.5 only just seems to fit the resess.

Nice one. I'm guessing the plate recess is about the same size between the cabs and a UK hatch.

I'm mounting march nipples on my boot. I know i'll have some hole filling to do, but i'm trying to suss out the mounting positions.

I might go with a 12x6 plate to even up the gaps a bit, the 6.5 only just seems to fit the resess.

odd thing is, the recesses are actually different between the jap and uk, about 5mm smaller from top to buttom, and about 9mm deeper on the uk ones. i found that out when fitting the number plate surround,

i would go and mesure the holes for you on my march, but it is under about 2 foot of snow lol, if you can wait til the summer i am happy to help

Back