K11 ISO Earthing

Im going to connect up my cd player to my micra using a ISO harness adaptor and ive heard that im needing to earth certain wires?? Can someone tell me what wires are needing to be earthed?

Aftermarket head units in K11

When installing a different head unit in a K11 the wiring loom doesn't have a provision for the earth wire on the head unit. It is earthed through the aerial!
I found this out when I connected up my JVC cd player and it wouldn't work without the aerial connection being fitted. Make sure you have an aerial adapter for the head unit as the Micra has a female end to the aerial lead.

Peter(Y)

That's interesting, I just used an ISO adaptor and an aerial adaptor and it worked fine! The only problem I had was the provision for fitting the brackets to the player is crap and I ended up riveting the brackets to it :p

I'll check the electrical connections next time I have the dash off. I noticed that there is one wire in the loom which the head unit doesn't use. Maybe this is the earth?

BG

yes it will be the earth, most people run into problems if they dont earth it, i did, when i turned the stereo up too much it would switch off.

That's interesting, I just used an ISO adaptor and an aerial adaptor and it worked fine! The only problem I had was the provision for fitting the brackets to the player is crap and I ended up riveting the brackets to it :p

I'll check the electrical connections next time I have the dash off. I noticed that there is one wire in the loom which the head unit doesn't use. Maybe this is the earth?

BG

If it's blue with red trace (i think) then it's the head unit illumination. Black is the earth, but the nissan loom won't have one, because as said, it grounds through the aerial.

lol - thats pretty cool since I've already wired my earth on the iso lead to that bracket - head unit seems to work fine so i guess it's all good (Y)

when i did my brothers k11, i took the metal brackets off the origional tape player and fastened them onto the new HU, boltes it all up and it works fine, no troubles as of yet, after all, thats how the stacdard one is wired, and that worked for the last 10 years so im sure it will be ok, lol

Back