K11 facelift 1.0 cvt coilpack engine starting issue

My 2002 facelift k11 auto has been great until today when it decided to struggle to start. Last drove the car fine 5 days ago and it has been a little colder but nothing severe. The battery was new when I picked it up and it doesn't seem to be a battery issue. The car cranked over and over but did not start. Finally after using some jump leads to rule out battery the car started reluctantly with some gas pedal. Obviously this shouldn't be required on starting.

Once driving the car is absolutely fine. Not driven it far enough to talk about mpg or anything yet.

Is there any sensors or simple/cheap checks I can make before changing expensive bits like coil packs etc?

Hi

-Clean the Bosch IACV module on the back of the throttle body, to do that you need to remove the airbox, remove the different meshes on top of the throttle body, then you will see a hole above the throttle body flap, spray generously some carburetor cleaner in it. Wait for a few hours and try starting again.

-Also you could try to start by unplugging the MAF sensor on the left side of the throttle body, see if it starts better without, meaning the MAF is faulty.

-you could check the two temp sensors (right side of the engine) as explained by Paul:

Keep us up to date!

Back