• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

K11 [coil pack model, 2001] Immobilizer Problem - No Spark on Plugs

The red immobilizer light* on the fascia flicks on and off [but normally it does nothing] when I turn the key - does this mean its an immobilizer issue? No spark on the plugs also, yet all the coil packs show 11.5 volts when I pin them. I found the main black relay / injectors relay was not working; replaced it but no change. Voltage is ok.

Further, I purchased a s/hand identical ECU complete with its own key, switch & lock taken from same Micra k11. This produces almost the same effect - but this time red immobilizer* light/diode stays on solid - and no spark - when key is turned. Dash lights come on ok, all lights work.

I see that I can get the immobilizer removed from my original ECU for 180 pounds, as advertised on Ebay. But wondering if it will be more money wasted. Need to make certain is it the immobilizer faulty.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Would I get voltage at the injectors & coils - as I am - if its an immobilizer issue? I was tempted to replace the cam & some other sensors. (How do I test if thse sensors are working ok or not?).

Thanks

This crank no start occurred after rain - passenger foot well carpet found to be soaking wet.

*I don't mean the flickering red light on the radio, but red diode near the heater switches

Last edited:
Back