K10 Flames and 8000rpm

Antilag is never standard on any turbo car!!!!! So no, not every turbo car will do this, including the Glanza! Hitting the revlimiter may cause similar effect but thats not antilag!

woah! fella its Glanza not glanaza. mine flames between 6-7k depending on how hard im driving. with it been de-catted it makes it do it more so

Sorry corrected!

Stock turbo car will only do it on gear overrun, i.e. gearchanges etc. Anti-lag is something quite differnet :)

I've been trying different ignition coils, so the rpm is disconnected. It takes its feed from the coil like an normal K10.

Stu, thats overrun your talking about, i've done a little bit of work on the starlet before, may have one to remap soon.

Cheers dave, still got absoutely miles to go in the quest for ever more power, but getting there, only running 1.2 bar at the mo, think I have a boot leak, and I dont think I'll be setting and PB's until 08 however.

The purpose of this messing about was just to have a play before I pull it appart to start with the next stage.

Ed

ed ive enquired on the Gt site, due to the Fact im running a Ct9 unit i dont need a anti lag kit.it wont makeany difference

No, the CT-9 is a fairly basic turbo, and will respond fine without any help. Plus antilag is something that will shorten the life of a turbo quite dramatically.

The car has e-manage ultimate, that has antilag/flatshift built in.

The ST has a GT28R turbo which by comparison is huge relative to the engine capacity etc.. Thankfully this will be made up by the supercharger for the most part.

Ed

My ears were ringing after that! Haha, I got down to the exhaust to film it and only as the first pop went off I realised "This is gonna be LOUD and I have nothing to cover my ears with!!"

All in the name of fun though :D

Back