k10 ecc boost sensor question

Fordy

Ex. Club Member
i know a few people on here have had or played with these hoping someone will know what im gunna ask

on the vaccum pipe going to the boost sensor there is a surge tank, has any one taken this off and drove the car, how did the car drive? if someone else has tried it already, if not i'll take it out and go for a drive

also some information that will help anyone looking to mod a k10 with ecc and leave the ecc system in to say fit an custom exhaust manifold

you dont need a lamba sensor welded in but its advisable to have it any way so you get better mpg

also the egr system and related valves and solenoids can be removed and you wont loose any power or mpg, if you need any help with this let me know as ive done it and know what needs doing, no carb replacement or inlet manifold replacement is required

do you mean the large black charcoal cannister mate? i removed the entire ECC system from my super s mate all that was left was the ecc coil pack dissy and carb, the boost sensor was left on as that supplied the vaccum to the carb from what i can tell..

check my guide in the guide section, i remove the cannister in the guide so you can see if its the same thing im going on about.

if you trace the the boost sensor pipe about 15cm or so there will be an inline surge tank, not the charcoal canister speedle

Small round thing? I'm pretty sure it's an inline filter to stop crap getting to the boost sensor. either that or a one way valve, I havn't looked at it in detail.

ah yes that valve on the vaccum line its exaclty what Amy said a one way valve, i removed it from mine and had no problems but then i only ran it like that for a few months like that till i sold it

hmm when i get mine on a rolling road i'll have a run with it on and a run with it off see if theres any improvements at all

That should not be a one way valve on a pressure sensor. Its probably a small chamber to smooth the signal to the sensor if anything.

The boost sensor is VITAL to the function of the ECC unit. Leave what is ever connected between this and the manfiold well alone, and make sure that the boost sensor ALWAYS remains connected.

Ed

From the sounds of the posts & my opinion on business/industry/science/art & booze...this "item" is likely to be a "Nissan-after-thought" that was cheaper to add at a late date in the design project; compared with reworking the ECC control systems' algorithms.

I am not personally familiar with this 'item' but judging from the descriptions already posted: I agree with ED on this (Its a mechanical device for damping the pressure transients)

Personally, leave it in for safety...jut in case your ECC makes a decision on (what would effectively be) an unconditioned signal......(BANG?)

Back