just me in plz

CMF_B-Town

» CMF Member
so i have finished the out side of mycra and want to get the thing moving can some one tell me A) what a stock standed k11 does on a 1/4 mile and 2 how do i get the thing moving faster. i dont want to go crazy with it but i have 2 spare engins so once i finish reco'n one of them i figure i may as well work the other one yeah??

CMF_ndxxx

» CMF Member
Well a lot of people on the site use silvia turbos with custom manifold, sr20det injectors, sr20 throttle body, upgraded ecu. Intercooler as far as I'm aware some people use supras, rx7, but I'm not sure about that one, mine is asupra cooler I think, all piping plus pod and you'd want bigger leads and spark plugs, clutch and flywheel or a pulsar or exa gearbox. That will give you a good start! Correct me if I'm wrong.

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Like anything with cars the first question has to be. |How much do you want to spend?
Cheapest gain (in relative terms) is a good set of headers/extractors, a free flowing muffler and 2inch pipe. I think 2.5 is the largest you could go. The stock airbox is ok but most fit some type of cold air intake.

Budgeting up from there you could go turbo as suggested, my car has a T25 turbo and RX7 intercooler with custom exhaust and 5th injector in the throttle body. I bought the car as is so cannot give you a costing.

Another option and I don't think many do it but it would be (my) preffered option if I was doing up a motor.
Raise the C/R a bit, get some good cams, do a good extractor/exhaust and cold air intake.

With my other car I did nothing other then fit the headers and exhaust and a very basic cold air intake and went from 43Kw at the wheels to 51kw at the wheels. My mixtures were still fine so I did not need to uprate the injectors but some Micras did go a bit lean with extractors so you'd need to check it.

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
you can get 100+ hp and 16.1 secs (on lpg) very easily/cheaply with a 2mm headskim, re-profiled (260 deg/ 10mm lift) cams, 40mm bore exhaust system and lightened flywheel b-town
(or else you can spend vast amounts of money on a forced setup :) )

Back