JDM cluster

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Short answer is that depending on which cluster you have and what series of K11 you have, it may be a plug in job but you'll likely not have water temp or fuel gauges working due to different resistances used.

Do a search. This topic has come up dozens of times. I'm getting a little over doing the legwork pulling up info like this but here we go:

GTRHOLIC WROTE:

"hi, before you part with your 300 bucks, DONT BOTHER! ive done it and it doesnt work. the tacho works, the speedo works, it seems other things are ok but, the fuel gauge and temp gauge do not work properly. i spent loads on a japanese fuel sender, and japanese temp sensor but nothing fixed the readings. if you can live with that or if anyone wants a japanese cluster, i have 3 with tachos. $50 bucks each. i got the japanese wiring diagram somewhere too. but in cairns at the moment.

Source: <a href=https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/29658>This thread</a>, more info <a href=https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/25041>here</a>.

Bottom line: If you want to be Jay-Dee-Emm, you're going to have to live with certain stuff not working unless you're very handy with stuff like this. Your best bet is to go on the UK forums and pester someone to get a cluster out of a wreck over there and send it over to you. It'll have the MPH markings and KM/H markings on the speedo, however.

Failing that, you could find a wrecked Australian-delivered Super-S and get the cluster from that, but that's not very likely. Those are the only bolt-in and 100% guaranteed to work units.

---dens

CMF_hotfunk67

» CMF Member
Thanks Dens, I did do a search and found all of those links but as they were from a couple of years ago I was just wondering if anyone had found a solution recently. I even tried the wiki but alas it seems neglected:)

CMF_hotfunk67

» CMF Member
I got the last one from him that he was selling... works great and the green dials almost match my paint. I got the JDM one (actually the one in the 1st thread Dens put up) from a job lot of bits.
Hey littlebear how did you send that wheel to me?

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
GTRHOLIC WROTE:

"still got the jap clusters if anyones interested

Y'know I think I PM'd you a couple of years back when you first talked about them in there and I'd wanted to give it a try but never heard back from you, ya bastard :p

I ended up getting an aftermarket tacho then ditched it later.. not like you actually watch your tacho when driving anyway :p

---dens

Back