is this fitted correctly

hi, rebuilt my engine and started it and oil was leaking down between gearbox and engine, took off clutch flywheel etc.. and theres a dribble of oil from bottom of crank between seal, (its a brand new seal), just want to know is , can i tighten the tensioned spring inside seal or what?
thanks

there's no bolts securing the rear seal mount to the engine block?
did you seal & bolt the rear crank seal plate to the engine block first and then apply sealant on both sides of the sumps rubber end seals and fit the sump?

sealing the sump around the crank ends without leaking are a pita to get right.

i know , i removed them as i was going to remove plate but thought ill post photo first,

i put plate on first then sump, any ideas?

dont disturb or remove that plate before the sump or else it'll ruin the seal. always sump off first then rear seal plate.
has the big oil gallery allen plug been disturbed?

unless the rear seal is old brittle cracked or the rear crank sealing surface is really scored/worn deep, they don't often leak. it's usually a poor pin hole leak in the sealant between sump/engine or rear seal plate/engine block/sump or leaking oil gallery plug if its originally been tampered with.

The big Allen head looking plug, just outside ur photo at the top right corner. If you've not touched it n there's no oil stains leaking beneath it, leave it.

Back