Is this a good buy??

regrinds are not the way forward. You need new ones from billets tbh. And after you get cams you really need a remap too.

Plus it doesnt even say what the durations are.

Ian

Ian do you have any reason (personally) to back up what you say?

Well youll need alot more to go with it. Shims, vernier pullies etc. That will add another £200 or so, but ofcouse you could just bolt them in and hope for the best that things work ok ish.

Ian said:
regrinds are not the way forward. You need new ones from billets tbh. And after you get cams you really need a remap too.

Ian

Where does it say they are regrinds? Unless you know this is what piper do.

And if you look carefully both cams have a 272degree duration!

Ian said:

Ian

Sorry if you look at second pic it has a spec sheet that has the durations in :)

i thought all pipers are regrinds... I just dont trust them.... Some weld put on the cam then ground back down, doesn't sound too great to me, I personally wouldn't touch them. They would hav epositive effects though?

i see the durations now. My mistake. They sound qutie high though? Ultimate profile maybe? If so you WOULD without any doubt need a remap, with increased limiter since the powerband shifts up :S. If you did that though, you would infact have one very fast micra.

Ian i find it amazing you have these views when you have no experience at all. Its simply STUNNING you question a company who has been doing them probably longer than you have been alive!!!

they were regrinds on ebay as i emailed the bloke, they dont build them up iirc as they would give the same clearances, they grind the existing profile down from what it was, i know this as i emailed piper a few times before i got a set done for a panda (dont laugh)

Ed said:
Ian i find it amazing you have these views when you have no experience at all. Its simply STUNNING you question a company who has been doing them probably longer than you have been alive!!!

*shrug* :)

Back