Interesting site

CMF_White Knight

» CMF Member
Two sorts of safety.A car with airbags all over but brakes and handles like a druken cow is safer than a car that has excellent handling charerastics and brakes??
Amuses me to see all those SUVs/4WD doing crash tests but never any test how they can corner/brake.
I tell you how stupid it is becomming outside of Burnie the road is dual highway both ways. Speed used to be 110kph. 2 months ago a serious crash and 3 people lost their lives. Now that part of the road is down to 80kph. Did the road cause the accident??Nope it was driver error.
Just more revenue for the Govt. coming up.
Bah!!!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Yeh, alot of people are fooled into thinking 4x4 are safer than a normal passenger car.

Modern 4x4's are suprisingly well sorted when it comes to steering, braking and anti-rollover control.

I know our patrol pulls up very promptly for a 2 tonne mammoth and steers ok. Roll over resistance is pretty good and they can take a fair bit of bodyroll before they overbalance (alot of the vehcile's weight is down low in the chassis). But then again I learnt to drive in one and I know their limits/capabilities better than your average soccor mum.

I still prefer the micra any day of the week.

Back